Try this delicious and unique fusion dish of Filipino Chicken Tocino Tacos, combining savory and sweet flavors that will leave your taste buds craving more.
Filipino Chicken Tocino Tacos Overview
If you’re a fan of Filipino cuisine and tacos, then you’ll love this fusion dish that combines the best of both worlds. Filipino chicken tocino tacos are a delicious and unique twist on traditional tacos, combining savory and sweet flavors that will leave your taste buds craving more.
What is Filipino Chicken Tocino?
For those who may not be familiar with Filipino cuisine, tocino is a sweet and savory cured meat that is often made from pork. However, in this recipe, we’re using chicken instead of pork to make it a bit healthier. The chicken is marinated in a mixture of sugar, soy sauce, and spices, then pan-fried until crispy and caramelized.
Why You’ll Love Filipino Chicken Tocino Tacos
This fusion dish is packed with flavor and the perfect way to switch up your taco game. The chicken tocino is a unique and delicious twist on traditional taco meat, and it pairs perfectly with the fresh veggies and cheese. Plus, it’s a great way to introduce your friends and family to Filipino cuisine if they’ve never tried it before.
JOCK MY OTHER FILIPINO FOOD RECIPES
- Healthy Filipino Longanisa
- Banana Ketchup Glazed Chicken Wings
- Chicken Tocino Calamansi Stir Fry Noodles
Aight I’m Outro…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 6 pieces Boneless Chicken Thighs (cut in to chunks)
- ½ small Lemon (juiced)
- 2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- ¼ cup Organice Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tbsp Paprika
- 1 clove Organic Garlic (Minced)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar (I used Sugar in the Raw)
- Coconut Oil Spray
- 4-6 Corn Tortillas or Rice (Optional)
- Pinch of #Flattery
- Grab a medium sized bowl and place those chicky thighs in with lemon juice and low sodium soy sauce.
- In another bowl, add ACV, minced garlic, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and brown sugar. Mix with a fork or whisk them!
- Pour mixture over the chicky and marinate for 30 minutes in fridge if you are impatient. But, it is better to marinate over night to get the full flavor.
- In a medium sized pan, spray coconut oil and pan fry your sexy chicky thighs with the marinade. You will notice caramelization start to form. Toss and turn those chunks until browned and well cooked.
- Serve on corn tortillas or over rice!
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.