A better way to have Filipino Brunch with these Chicken Tocino Tacos!
Filipino Chicken Tocino Tacos Overview
Nooners Tootz! I made a Filipino Brunch for Naught-E and I. I was craving Tocino! We had some sexy chicken thighs defrosted in our fridge. Plus, had left over corn tortillas from a few days ago. What could be a better way to have breakfast around lunch time??
Tocino is another well-know Filipino breakfast aside from they typical Longanisa and eggs with garlic fried rice. Most Tocinos are cured for a couple of days and have added coloring from annatto to get that red color affect. Another famous ingredient needed with all marination is the infamous 7 Up soda. Yes! Ask all the Filipino grandparents!
Apparently, I did not have these ingredients on hand. We don’t drink soda and I don’t use any coloring in my food. I skipped these ingredients and substituted soda for Apple Cider Vinegar. This is my version of the filipino chicken tocino tacos.
JOCK MY OTHER FILIPINO FOOD RECIPES
- Healthy Filipino Longanisa
- Banana Ketchup Glazed Chicken Wings
- Chicken Tocino Calamansi Stir Fry Noodles
Aight I’m Outro…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Chicken Tocino Tacos
- 6 pieces Boneless Chicken Thighs (cut in to chunks)
- ½ small Lemon (juiced)
- 2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- ¼ cup Organice Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tbsp Paprika
- 1 clove Organic Garlic (Minced)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar (I used Sugar in the Raw)
- Coconut Oil Spray
- 4-6 Corn Tortillas or Rice (Optional)
- Pinch of #Flattery
- Grab a medium sized bowl and place those chicky thighs in with lemon juice and low sodium soy sauce.
- In another bowl, add ACV, minced garlic, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and brown sugar. Mix with a fork or whisk them!
- Pour mixture over the chicky and marinate for 30 minutes in fridge if you are impatient. But, it is better to marinate over night to get the full flavor.
- In a medium sized pan, spray coconut oil and pan fry your sexy chicky thighs with the marinade. You will notice caramelization start to form. Toss and turn those chunks until browned and well cooked.
- Serve on corn tortillas or over rice!
This looks soooo yumm!!!! I am definitely gonna cook it for my friends!!!
Thank you so so much for sharing!!!
Looks delish! I’ll add it to my Flipboard and will tweet it to my friends.
Thank you! Hope they’ll try my recipe
It was so good! Its typically for a breakfast meal lol