Combining two flavors into one dish – a hit of chipotle infused into this popular chinese cuisine. You’ll want this Chipotle Mongolian Beef over stir fry noodles for dinner!
CHIPOTLE MONGOLIAN BEEF OVERVIEW
Yes, you read that right! Chipotle and Beef are in the HOUSE!! Of course, I can cook beef too. It’s just been awhile. I want my recipes to have alot of variety. When you’re stuck in the house for a few weeks, you tend to experiment alot with food. I decided to experiment with beef, flank steaks to be exact!
CRAVING CHINESE FOOD?
Are you craving chinese food right now? You can make your own if you have some of these in your pantry, fridge, and freezer.
I actually used udon noodles (left overs from one of my blogger challenge) for this recipe as we didn’t have jazzy rice. If you dont have udon noodles, you can use ramen noodles or cup of noodles. I have a feeling alot of you have those, right?!
WHY DID YOU USE CHIPOTLE IN ADOBO SAUCE?
I wanted to give this a smoky yet tangy flavor to this dish. Coming from the Los Angeles culture, we love creativity (and now living in Albuquerque, New Mexico) I began to create fusion types of dishes. Combining Latin/Hispanic ingredients sparked an idea and thus, I created this Latin-Influenced Chinese dish.
- Flank Steaks thinly cut
- Organic Mini Sweet Peppers
- Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
- 1 Udon Noodles + Save the seasoning packet
HOW TO MAKE THE CHIPOTLE STIR FRY SAUCE
In a small bowl, mix half of the noodle packet, cornstarch slurry, low sodium soy sauce, and maple syrup together. Then throw in the slurry over medium high heat. Then add the chopped chipotle peppers. Turn down the heat when sauce thickens.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 6 oz. Flank Steak (sliced)
- 3 pieces Organic Mini Sweet Peppers (slivered lengthwise)
- 1 piece of Chipotle In Adobo Sauce (sliced, seeds removed)
- 1 tsp Cornstarch + 1 tsp water
- 2 tsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup (or Honey or Coconut Sugar)
- 1 7oz. Udon Noodle Package in Shoyu Flavor -- cooked according to package
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for cooking
- Cup of #Fascination
- In a wok or skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Stir-fry flank steak pieces until almost cooked.
- Add the mini peppers until they're soft and tender. Saute for 2 minutes. Set aside in a plate and save a few mini peppers for garnish.
CHIPOTLE STIR FRY SAUCE
- While steak is cooking, mix half of the noodle packets, cornstarch slurry, low sodium soy sauce, and maple syrup together in a small bowl.
- In the same wok or skillet, throw in the slurry over medium high heat. Then add the chopped chipotle peppers. Turn down the heat when sauce thickens.
- Microwave your noodles in a bowl according to the package instructions. Use the other half of the seasoning packets
- Add your cooked udon noodles and mini peppers to the chipotle stir fry sauce that's in the skillet. Mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Top off with the flank steak and mini peppers. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Did you make this recipe?
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these and try them out:
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below TOOTz!