A simple recipe that makes your tofu sweet and savory. It is low in sodium, low fat, and uses minimal ingredients. The tofu marinade is also perfect for air frying or baking!
TOFU MARINADE OVERVIEW
This is my go to marinade because it’s quick and easy. I usually have the ingredients on hand in my fridge. You can use this marinade for any protein also. It doesn’t have to be tofu!
THE MARINADE BREAKDOWN
- One Block of Organic Firm Tofu – Cubed
- Rice Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- Organic Coconut Aminos
- Organic Maple Syrup
- Gochujang – You may omit this to keep the marinade low in sodium
- Sriracha (for a more spicier kick) – This is optional!
- Cooking Spray
HOW TO MAKE THE TOFU MARINADE
Mix all ingredients in a container with lid.
Place the cubed tofus in the container with the marinade. Close container and shake to distribute marinade to the tofu. Marinate up to 30 minutes or overnight for the best flavors.
Preheat air fryer to 375F for 3 minutes. Spray airfryer with cooking spray. I used coconut oil. Place tofu chunks into the air fryer basket and air fry for 12 minutes. Halfway through the air frying (about 6 minutes) remove the basket and toss the tofu cubes around.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THE MARINATED TOFU
You can serve the tofu with a side of rice. Sprinkle some green onions on top and you have a great meal!
Stuff the marinated tofu into a sandwich. Add your favorite veggies and slather some veganaise in between 2 sourdough breads. It’s the perfect lunch!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Easy Tofu Marinade
- 1 Organic Firm Tofu Block, cubed
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Organic Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Gochujang
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Cup of #COMPASSION
- Mix marinade ingredients in a container with a lid. Place the cubed tofus in the container with the marinade. Close container and shake to distribute marinade to the tofu. Marinate up to 30 minutes or overnight for the best flavors.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375F for 3 minutes. Spray airfryer with cooking spray. I used coconut oil. Place tofu chunks into the air fryer basket and air fry for 12 minutes. Halfway through the air frying (about 6 minutes) remove the basket and toss the tofu cubes around.
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these and try them out:
- PEANUT GARLIC TOFU BOWL
- SWEET & SPICY TOFU JUNGLE NOODLES
- GOLDEN TOFU CRUNCH BOWL
- SWEET CHILI TOFU BOWL
p style=”text-align: center;”>Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below TOOTz!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…
Wow! This looks delicious. Very timely since we have fresh tofu at home. Can’t wait to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing.
Youre welcome tootz! Hope you enjoy!
I’ve been wanting to eat more tofu dishes. This one sounds really good, I love that you added siracha for a spicy kick!!! I need to check what other recipes you’ve written. New visitor here but love the site already!!!
Thanks tootz! I love the sriracha on here. And welcome to my blog! You’ll find other recipes that you may enjoy too!
Love these ideas! thanks for sharing!
Youre welcome tootz!
Ooh, this looks delicious! I don’t eat a lot of tofu, but I definitely want to give this a try!
Thanks tootz! When you do, let me know how you like it!
looks hyper delicious! I absolutely LOVE tofu in any form and it never fails to make me happy when I eat it. saving the recipe for later, will try it during the weekend
Yay! Hope you enjoy!