Make these Easy Tuna Cakes for a quick snack that will keep you full until your next meal!
BEHIND THESE EASY TUNA CAKES
Let’s go back in to time when Tuna Cakes where the popular snack to make. Remember when we made these for your meal preps. How about back when the diet trend setters were called “Clean Eating” and “Fit Fam”? Remember those days??
How did I get this idea? I was scrolling on my Instagram and saw that back in 2015, I used to make anything with canned tuna. It was cheap and easy to make and a good source of getting protein so you won’t be hungry for a minute.
Plus, I was hard core into fitness and ate quite less than I do now. Possibly due to the gluttony state that I now live in. LOL!
WHAT’S IN THESE EASY TUNA CAKES?
- Canned Albacore Tuna
- Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing (If you’re on Keto, do not include)
- Shredded Cheeses (Taco Blend)
- Beaten Egg
- Juice of a Lemon Wedge
- Garlic Mustard Aioli (Found it on sale at Walmart!)
HOW TO MAKE THESE EASY TUNA CAKES
You’re in luck if you have 2 canned tunas in your pantry. If you have one can, this recipe can work by cutting the ingredients in half.
Grab a bowl, open your canned tuna, drain the juices out (or pour the juice over your pet’s bowl but only if they’ve have been a good pet!) Flake your tuna, add all the ingredients, and mix everything.
Grab your fancy pan, or your favorite ghetto non-stick pan, or a nonstick flat skillet. Add a scoop of your tuna mixture and place about 4 pieces.
Fry each side for about 3-4 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
You’ll want to sprinkle some of your favorite shredded cheeses on top towards the end of your second flip when almost done.
When your tuna cakes are cooked well, plate your tuna cakes and add a dollop of tartar sauce and a sprinkle of chives or dried parsley! Make it pretty, you know 🙂
JOCK THESE CANNED TUNA RECIPES
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT TOOTZ!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…
NAUGHTY KITCHEN’S STASH USED:
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Easy Tuna Cakes
- 2 5 oz canned No Salt Albacore Tuna
- 1 cup Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 tbsp Mayo or Vegan Mayo
- 1 tbsp Garlic Aioli Mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped Red Onions
- 1 large Egg (beaten)
- 1 wedge Juice of a Fresh Lemon Wedge
- ½ cup Shredded Cheeses (I used Taco Blend)
- 1 tsp Dollop of Tartar Sauce per Tuna Cake
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Chives or Dried Parsley for toppings (optional)
- Pinch of #Love
- In a bowl, mix in tuna, stuffings, mayo, mustard, onions, beaten egg, and a juice of a lemon wedge.
- Heat oil on the frying pan over medium heat. Add a scoop of the tuna mixture and flatten each. Form a patty while flattening the tuna mix. Fry each side for about 3 minutes or until both sides are golden brown.
- Add the shredded cheeses on top of the tuna cakes towards the end. They'll be ready once the cheeses have melted on top.
- Plate your tuna cakes and add a dollop of tartar sauce and sprinkle chives or dried parsley. Add a lemon wedge next to the tuna cakes and serve immediately!
Leave a Reply