These tasty Stuffed Cabbage Rolls are filled with plantbased ingredients to provide meatless alternatives for your dinner needs.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
Let’s get a little healthier with a meatless dinner. Have you ever made stuffed cabbage rolls? You’re in luck! This is a great low carb meal.
These rolls are filled with plantbased meat, wrapped in an organic cabbage, and baked with yummy red tomato sauce. It takes alot of work to prepare but the outcome is worth it. These stuffed cabbagess are super delicious.
I you have any left overs, store them in the fridge in a sealed container and save it for lunch!
BEHIND THE CABBAGE ROLLS
- Organic Cabbage head
- Organic Quinoa
- Your choice of plantbased meat. I used Beyond Meat Burger patties
- Prego Low Sodium Sauce
- Small onion
- Onion, Garlic, Paprika powders
- Just Egg or liquid egg whites, or 1 whole egg
HOW TO SOAK THE CABBAGE LEAVES
There are 2 types of method to soaking your cabbage leaves to make them pliable:
- You will need to separate each leaf from the cabbage head. Soak each leaf in a bowl of hot water for atleast 2 minutes or until the leaves become soft. Set each aside and repeat the method
- Another method is to boil a big pot of water and dunk your whole head of cabbage for about one minute. Then, remove each leaf at a time. I don’t like doing this method because I know I can burn myself grabbing the head with thongs. That’s just me!
PAIR THESE UP
You’ll want to pair these stuffed cabbages with cauliflower rice!
Another choice would be is to eat them by itself! You’ve already got that quinoa that’s included in it.
You may want to have these as a side dish along with Air Fried Chicken Thighs!
The choice is yours, Tootz!
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1 head Organic Cabbage (10-12 leaves)
- 1-2 cups of Hot Water
- 3 crumbled Beyond Meat Burger Patties
- 1 cup cooked Organic Quinoa
- 2 minced Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 diced small Onion
- 2 tbsp Just Egg, or liquid egg whites, or 1 whole egg
- 1 stalk chopped Green Onions
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of #GRATITUDE
- 1 23.5 oz jar Prego Lower Sodium Traditional Italian Sauce
- 2 minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp minced Onions
- In a deep dish, pour hot water. Dip a few cabbage leaves until it becomes wilted and pliable. Should take about 2 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce after 1 minute. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
The Filling & Directions
- Place a cup of sauce and cover the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place about 2 tbsp of the filling into each leaf, then roll up, tucking the sides as you roll. Place rolls seam side-down on top of sauce in baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce on top of cabbage rolls then cover the dish with foil. Bake for about 30-40 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these and try them out:
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below TOOTz!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…
Leave a Reply