This easy Cashew Chicken Stir Fry will have you flocking to your kitchen for a healthy weeknight dinner.Jump to Recipe
BEHIND THE CASHEW CHICKEN STIR FRY
I don’t make much chinese food as I had them alot during my childhood. We had a mini chinese restaurant that was sort of a hole-in-the-wall type of restaurant down the street from our house in Los Angeles. So my momzy would order various Chinese Combo Specials. You know the ones that say, “2 items for $4.99 add another item for an extra $1.00”. Yeah, my momzy fell for those advertisements. LOL!
Well, here I am making one of those chinese combo specials except this involves 2 items. This is my version of that Cashew Chicken Stir Fry but you know I’m going to try and make it healthy.
THE CASHEW CHICKEN STIR FRY OVERVIEW
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- The OG’s (Onion and Garlic)
- Broccolis and Cauliflowers
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Organic Coconut Aminos
- Organic Coconut Sugar
- Roasted Cashews
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
HOW TO MAKE THIS STIR FRY?
You’ll want to grab those chicky boobies and cut them into 1 inch chunky cubes. Drop a little coconut oil into your favorite ghetto pan and fry them. Set aside in a plate or bowl.
Throw in the OG’s (chopped onions and garlic). You’ll notice the sensational aroma! Saute for a couple of minutes and throw in your favorite veggies. I had left over brocollis and cauliflower florets and used them before they went bad. Gently pour over the coconut aminos, liquid aminos and coconut sugar. You’ll want to saute the veggies for about 4 minutes or until tender. Then add your chicken back in.
Now here comes the best part! Drop your cashew nuts! Wink You’ll want to do this towards the end so that the nuts are crunchy but sort of infused with the sweet glaze. You can add the cashew nuts during step 2 but it’ll be soggy with that dark color. It’s totally up to you! Simply saute until the juices disappear. Serve over white rice or cauliflower rice if you want more veggies or your one of those Diet Trend Setters.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS STIR FRY?
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Red or Green Peppers
- Thai Chilies if you need that spice in your life
- Fried Egg on top! **HIGHLY RECOMMENDED**
JOCK THESE OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT TOOTZ!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- 4 chicken breasts, 1" cubes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin organic coconut oil
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- ½ small diced yellow onion
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp organic coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 3-4 cups cooked white rice
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp of #Mischief
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat until. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- Add more oil, if needed. Add garlic and onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add broccolis and cauliflower; stir-fry for about 4 minutes, until browned and tender. Reduce heat to medium. Return chicken to the skillet and mix in soy sauce, coconut aminos, and sugar mixture and cook until sauce dissapears.
- Toss in cashews towards the end. Serve with rice.
Leave a Reply