Do you need a new Chicken recipe to try? Maybe a savory sweet tasting protein to make? How about making this Baked Maple Lemon Glazed Chicken Thighs!
BEHIND THE MAPLE LEMON CHICKEN
Yes Tootz, It’s another glutton recipe for your dinner time flow. I have been making various chicken dishes for Naught-E as he needs protein while he’s at work. He loves chicken! LOL! He’s usually on his feet all day so when he comes home from slaving away, I try to re-energize him with delicious chicken dinners with veggies.
MORE CHICKEN DINNER RECIPES
HOW TO BAKE THESE MAPLE LEMON CHICKEN
Please don’t ding me for baking these on a silpat. I put the Maple Lemon Glazed Chicken Thighs on the silpat and then on top of a baking pan. Besides these silpats are easier for me to wash. I tend to use Chicken Thighs because they are not dry like Chicken Breast (Boobiez) when it comes to baking.
MAPLE LEMON GLAZE
I used fresh lemons and it’s zest to give a more lemony flavor for the glaze. I religiously use my organic coconut aminos because of it’s sweet soy flavor. If you don’t have any, feel free to use low-sodium soy sauce or gluten free tamari. You can find them in the asian isles of any grocery store.
Then, I used Organic Maple Syrup which is the best part. MMM! Sprinkled in some garlic and onion powder dusts as usual and then chopped organic chives. I thicken the sauce with cornstarch and water.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THE CHICKEN
As far as side dishes goes, I like adding veggies. Specially dark greens like spinach that were used here. I did make a little more of the glazed and saute the spinach in. I added about 3 gloves of minced garlic cause we both like the taste and it’s super good for the heart. Don’t skip out on garlic especially when you get older.
Benefits of using garlic: They lower the blood pressure and cholesterol, has fewer calories, plus they make you live longer. I hated garlic when I was younger but as I started cooking with them, it brings in more flavor to any dish.
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below if yall make this TOOTz!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…
STALK ME ON MY NAUGHTY NETWORK
- 4 Bone In Chicken Thighs
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- Dash of Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Pinch of #Cuteness
Maple Lemon Glaze
- 1/4 Cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos Or Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (Freshly Squeeze)
- Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Organic Chives
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Brown Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Cornstarch + 1 Tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a deep baking pan place silpat. Rub seasonings all over thighs and place skin side down on baking pan. Bake 20 mins one side draining the fatty oils.
- While thighs are baking, mix all the glaze ingredients in a saucepan over medium high heat then reduce until thickened. Set aside.
- Turn the thighs over and bake for another 20 mins glazing the chickens thighs every 10mins.
- Serve over rice or quinoa with a side of veggies.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.