This Filipino Fusion Dish uses the traditional Filipino Breakfast called Tocino as a topper for your classic Asian stir fry noodles. Your palates will get a sweet tangy flavor with this Chicken Tocino Calamansi Stir Fry Noodles!
This post is sponsored by JSL Foods for the Fortune Noodle Blogger Recipe Challenge. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal view.
BEHIND THE CHICKEN TOCINO CALAMANSI STIR FRY
I am thoroughly excited to have the opportunity to participate in this contest for the JSL Foods Fortune Noodle Blogger Recipe Challenge! They sent me some awesome Gluten Free Noodles to experiment with. I figured I would come up with a Filipino Fusion type of dish. So I decided to make this Chicken Tocino Calamansi Stir Fry Noodles! Yeah, I would’ve considered making the noodles like the traditional Filipino Pancit way but heck, let’s try something different. You know?!
Now, let’s take a journey into this tangy yet savory Filipino Fusion dish. Did you know that I used Gluten Free Udon Noodles in Garlic Chicken flavor for this recipe? These Stir fry noodles were drenched with fresh Calamansi Juice (also known as the Golden Lime) along with JSL Food’s Gluten Free Garlic Chicken Udon seasoning packet that comes inside their package. This is super easy to make and will take about 30 minutes of your time.
Remember my Chicken Tocino Tacos? I used that same Chicken Tocino recipe for this stir fry. You can use the store bought tocinos that are usually found at many Filipino or Asian Grocery stores.
- One Chicken Tocino Breast or Store Bought
- Fortune Noodles Udon in Garlic Chicken Flavor
- Sweet Mini Peppers
- Fresh Calamansis
- Banana Ketchup, Organic Coconut Sugar, Organic Coconut Aminos
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Green Onions
- Crushed Chicharons for the suprise topper!
Calamansi is widely used in the Filipino cuisine for marinades, condiments, juice, etc. It is the Philippine lime that’s golden in color. It is as small as the lime but when ripe it’s color changes into orange, similar to a mandarin. My Momsy has a Calamansi tree so I picked a few riped ones. If you don’t have fresh Calamansis, you can use fresh organic lemons. I used less than half the packet that came in with the Udon package to lower the sodium content. This is for my health’s concern. You may want to add more for flavoring. As always, please adjust all ingredients to your liking.
FORTUNE GLUTEN FREE NOODLES
These Fortune Gluten Free noodles are NEW to market and are shelf stable. They can be found in the Asian Dry Grocery Section in grocery stores. Now, there are four Gluten Free Noodles to choose from – Red Rice Ramen in Shoyu Flavor, Ramen Miso Pork Flavor, Udon Garlic in Chicken Flavor, and Soba Buckwheat in Shoyu Flavor. You can purchase these Fortune Gluten Free Noodle products at Albertsons, Vons, Safeway, Dierbergs Markets and Cub Foods.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 1 piece Chicken Tocino
- 1 package Fortune Gluten Free Udon Garlic Chicken Flavor (cooked)
- 2-3 pieces slided Mini Sweet Peppers
- 3 pieces Fresh Calamansi Juice (or juice from Organic Small Lemon) + 1 for garnish
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg (sliced)
- 1 stalk Green Onions (chopped and slivered)
- 2-3 crushed Chicharon for garnish
Calamansi Stir Fry Sauce
- ½ packet from the Fortune Gluten Free Udon Garlic Chicken Flavor package
- 1 tbsp Banana Ketchup (or regular Ketchup)
- 2 tbsp Organic Coconut Aminos or Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 cup #FlyingKisses
- In a wok or skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil over medium high heat. Toss in the mini sweet peppers and saute until tender. (about 4 minutes) Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package. Set aside until ready to prep.
Calamansi Stir Fry Sauce
- In a small bowl, add the seasoning packet, coconut aminos, coconut sugar, cornstarch, water. Mix all together.
The Whole Preparation
- Use the same wok and add the Calamansi Stir Fry Sauce over medium high heat. You will see the sauce thicken up. It will take about 4-5 minutes. Turn down the heat to low and add your cooked noodles and mini sweet peppers. Mix all together for about 2 minutes.
- Add your noodles to deep dish plate. Next, add the Chicken Tocino and sliced egg on the side. Then, add calamansi slices, some green onions and chicharon for garnishes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Did you make this recipe?
- Healthy Filipino Longanisa Patties
- Filipino Champorado (Chocolate Rice Pudding)
- Banana Ketchup Glazed Chicken Wings
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below TOOTz!