Get your chocolate fixation on with this Filipino Champorado Chocolate Rice Pudding! You’ll think it’s the Breakfast of Champions but made for any time of the day.
CHOCOLATE RICE PUDDING OVERVIEW
Actually, this Chocolate Porridge or Chocolate Rice Pudding can be made differently. Many Filipinos serve a bowl with Tuyo (Dried Fish) to get the sweet and salty satisfaction. Come on now, you know I didn’t do that with my recipe here cause that will stink up the Naughty Kitchen!
Others, have included peanut butter, chocolate chips, or have used chocolate protein powder in their recipes.
I made my own almond milk using a Nut Milk Bag. This new kitchen toy was amazing to use than a cheese cloth because it’s larger with a wider opening. Making your own almond milk is fun too!
JOCK THESE OTHER RECIPES:
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Filipino Champorado (Chocolate Rice Pudding)
- 1 cup Sticky Sweet White Rice
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Organic Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Brown Sugar or Coconut Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Powder (optional)
- 1 tsp of #Yummy
- Wash the rice first, then drain well. I usually wash it 2-3 times.
- In a saucepan, add the rice, water, milk, and cocoa powder. Boil for about 30mins but halfway through, lower the heat, mixing occassionally until rice is soft and tender. You’ll see the liquids dissapear.
- Now, add the brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix all together.
- Serve in a bowl. For added flavor, top off with almond milk and cinnamon powder – MmM! Delicious!
It looks so delicious… I would love to try once… http://dailylifedose.com/easy-peach-blackberry-pie-recipe/
I hope you like it!😊
This sounds interesting. I just might try it. I detest regular rice pudding but this might be different. By the way I love the blog name.
Haha Thanks! I know the regular rice puddings are not so delicious. These are the filipino kind similar to the mexican rice puddings and you know – we make things flavorful! 🙂