Ain’t nothing wrong with fries loaded with double cheeses with an extra kick. Expect these Cheesy Nachos Fries to be requested alot!
Wow, I wasn’t expecting so many requests from my Instagram about these cheesy nacho fries! I just wanted to show off that you can DIY instead of buying the fast food version.
Behind these Cheesy Nacho Fries
I literally saw Taco Bell’s commercial about their new Rattlesnake Fries and wanted to recreate my own version. They had steak on top of their cheesy fries though. But if you know me, I’m going to make it #JalaPORNO style, right?! Of course, you can customize this recipe your way. Add your favorite protein if you want or make it vegan, keto, paleo, or what ever diet trend you’re following at the moment. Try my oven roasted red potatoes wedges
Cheesy Nacho Fries Breakdown
I decided to use frozen crinkle cut fries because I didn’t have any potatoes on deck. I prefer my fries super crispy like potato chips and baked them at 425F but bake them at 400F to be safe if you’re not going to hang around your kitchen.
Of course, no salt added on the fries as I tend to sprinkle onion and garlic dusts. We bought a big bag of low moisture shredded cheeses and it lasts us for about a week depending on what I make. You can substitute for vegan shredded cheeses too. The plant based queso cheesy sauce is better to add towards the last 10 minutes.
I did another version using breaded green beans and that tasted super good too! (Google how to bread green beans.) Try it yourself and let me know which version you like the most!
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT TOOTZ!
Aight I’m Outro…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Naughty Kitchen’s Stash Used:
- 1 2lbs Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries
- 2 cups Low Moisture Shredded Cheeses
- 1 Jar Plant Based Queso Cheese Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Tamed Pickled Jalapenos
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Dried Parsley for toppings
- Red Pepper Flakes for toppings
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Spray
- Dash of #Lust
- Preheat oven to 400. Line baking sheet with foil sprayed with coconut oil spray. Then, bake fries according to package.
- When fries are done, sprinkle garlic and onion powder, shredded cheeses, and top with queso sauce. Return back to oven and bake at 425 for 5 more minutes or until cheeses have melted.
- Remove fried from oven. Top off with the pickled jalapenos, dried parsley, and red pepper flakes. Served immediately!
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.