These Egg Salad Toasties are mixed with pickled Jalapeños, Carrots, and Onions which gives a twist to your appetizers.
Are you looking for an easy egg salad recipe for an upcoming party? Perhaps appetizers that you can prep ahead of time? Well you’ve landed on the right page – my Naughty Kitchen page 🙂
Naught-E and I have been drooling over pickled Jalapeños this past month. I have been adding them to all of our meals. They’re so bomb over pizzas! They would really add some kick to these Soyrizo Pitzza too.
Egg Salad Toasties with Pickled Jalapenos, Carrots, and Onions
I was inspired to pickle my own veggies by the ideas from local Mexican Hole in The Wall spots when I used to live in Los Angeles. It’s weird that I can’t find any of those spots here since I moved to Albuquerque.
Here is my cheat way of pickling the carrots and onions that I used for this recipe.
It’s called RECYCLING…Buy a jar of pickled jalapeños. I used this brand of pickled jalapenos. They are so addicting and I love the Hot version that they have in their product line. When you’re done eating the jalapenos rings from the jar, save that jar along with the pickle juice. Place a handful of baby carrots and onions or what ever veggies you are craving for inside the jar and keep them sealed in the refrigerator for about a day or two. Now, you have pickled carrots and onions to make this delicious Egg Salad Toasties!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Egg Salad Toasties
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs (peeled)
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Cracked Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- 5 pieces Pickled Jalapenos
- 3 pieces Pickled Baby Carrots
- 1 tbsp chopped Pickled Onions
- 6 French Bread Slices or Bread of your choice
- Toast all of your slices of bread in a toaster.
- While breads are toasting, chop and dice the hard boiled eggs and pickled veggies and add them into a small bowl.
- In the same bowl, add the mayo and all the seasonings from above. I did a couple of shakes with each of seasonings but season according to your tastes.
- Grab the toasted bread and spread the egg mixture over. Repeat the process with all the toasts.
- Serve and grub on!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @NaughtyKitchen and use #NaughtyKitchen so I can Voyeur your page!
✨Got Pinterest?✨ Come join Me and My Finest Food Blogger Squad and discover some Sexy Recipes to make‼️
Ive been taking tuna and egg salad to work WEEKLY for quite some time now. Definitely want to incorporate this recipe.
That would be awesome if you tried this. Sort of a change. I hope tuna doesnt stink up your workplace LOL🤣