Give your Tuna Melt a flair of Jalapenos topped with slices of melted Pepperjack cheeses – Make this Jalapeno Tuna Melt Sandwich for lunch!
Don’t you get bored of that same old tuna sandwich that’s all about tuna, mayo, chopped celeries for that crunch, maybe has mustard, or hard boiled eggs, salt and pepper. Right?! That was called a “classic” tuna.
Get your lazy a$$ off the couch and head over to your pantry. Grab those canned tunas that has been sitting over there. Let’s make this Jalapeno Tuna Melt Sandwich together.
Jalapeno Tuna Melt Sandwich
You’ll want to grab all the ingredients (except the cheeses and buns) and place them in a small bowl. Try to flake the tuna first if you don’t like big chunks but it wouldn’t matter since you’re mixing everything.
Then toast the bottoms with their tops next to their side in the oven at 400 degrees for 4 minutes or until the cheeses have melted.
You’ll want to have this Jalapeno Tuna Melt Sandwich with some Oven Roasted Red Potato Wedges. MMM! Now, we’re talking, right?
Check your local grocery stores for freshly baked breads. I love going to the deli and bakery section of a grocery store. You can easily find deals. I found these brat buns on sale for $1.10 only cause they were made a few days ago and can only be out on their shelves for a day or two.
Just a reminder that I rarely use salt for our dietary needs. I like to keep my recipes at a low sodium level. If you need to alter my recipe, go for it!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 2 5 oz cans of Albacore Tuna in water (drained)
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese (halved)
- 3 tbsp Chopped Pickled Jalapenos
- 3 tbsp Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 tbs Diced Red Onions
- 2 tbsp Lite Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Organic Balsamic Vinagrette Dressing
- 4 Brat Buns or your Buns of choice
- In a small bowl, flake your tuna. Add all the ingredients and mix thoroughly except the cheese slices and buns.
- Grab the bottoms of each bun and spread tuna mixture evenly. Place cheese slices on top.
- Then toast the bottoms with their tops next to their side in the oven at 400 degrees for 4 mins or until the cheeses have melted.
- Stuff with spinach or lettuce or leave it naked
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.