Let’s take a journey that combines the richness of plant-based flavors with the comfort of classic Italian cuisine. Introducing this Plant Based Ravioli with Herb-Infused White Sauce—a dish that’s both indulgent and nourishing!
At the core of this dish lies the star ingredient: vegan ravioli, a true testament of plant-based cuisine. Each tender bite of ravioli, offers a blend of taste and health. This plant based version of a classic favorite lets you savor culinary joys without compromising wellness goals.
The enchantment unfolds when my luscious, creamy white sauce takes center stage. Infused with the essence of Green Goddess seasoning and the subtle aroma of organic dried rosemary. This sauce is a flavor bomb that dances across your palate. The luxurious texture of the sauce covers each piece of ravioli.
What makes this recipe even more alluring is its simplicity. With an easy preparation time of approximately 25-35 minutes, you can craft a gourmet-quality dish that’s perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions.
Have I seduced you yet?
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS PLANT BASED RAVIOLI RECIPE
- Quick and straightforward to prepare, making it an ideal option for busy weeknight dinners.
- A harmonious blend of flavors, featuring Green Goddess seasoning and organic dried rosemary.
- Rich in plant-based goodness, showcasing the versatility of vegan cuisine
- An opportunity to enjoy the richness of Italian-inspired cuisine in a healthful way.
- VEGAN BUTTER
- ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- UNSWEETENED PLANT BASED MILK – I use almond milk.
- ONION AND GARLIC POWDERS
- TRADER JOE’S GREEN GODDESS SEASONINGS – Or make your own.
- ORGANIC DRIED ROSEMARY
- COOKED VEGAN RAVIOLI
HOW TO MAKE RAVIOLI WITH HERB-INFUSED WHITE SAUCE
Melt the Vegan Butter: In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the vegan butter.
Create the Roux: Add the all-purpose flour to the melted butter, whisking constantly to create a smooth roux. Cook for 1-2 minutes until it’s slightly golden.
Add Plant-Based Milk: Gradually pour in the unsweetened plant-based milk while continuing to whisk. Mix until the roux and milk are well combined.
Seasoning: Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, Trader Joe’s Green Goddess seasoning, and organic dried rosemary. Allow the flavors to meld while stirring.
Simmer and Thicken: Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the sauce simmer gently, stirring occasionally. The sauce will thicken within 5-7 minutes.
Adjust Seasoning: Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings according to your preference. Keep in mind the strong flavor of the dried rosemary.
Serve: Once the sauce reaches your desired consistency, remove it from heat. Serve the herbed white sauce over cooked vegan ravioli.
Enjoy: Savor the flavors as you indulge in your Plant Based Ravioli with Herb-Infused White Sauce!
Vegan Butter or Margarine: Substitute with coconut oil, olive oil, or another plant-based butter substitute.
All-Purpose Flour: For a gluten-free option, you can use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend. You could use almond flour, oat flour, or chickpea flour but keep in mind this might slightly affect the texture.
Trader Joe’s Green Goddess Seasoning: Create your own herb blend using dried chives, dried green onion, spinach powder, dried parsley, and other green herbs.
Cooked Vegan Ravioli: Choose your favorite vegan ravioli, like spinach and mushroom, butternut squash, or tofu-stuffed ravioli.
Feel free to mix and match these variations to create your personalized and flavorful dish. Remember, don’t hesitate to add your own favorite ingredients and flavors to make the recipe uniquely yours!
Mushroom Medley: Sauté a mix of sliced mushrooms like cremini, shiitake, and oyster, and incorporate them into the white sauce for earthy flavors and texture.
Nutritional Yeast Boost: Add a sprinkle of nutritional yeast to the white sauce for a hint of cheesy flavor and an extra boost of plant-based protein.
Sundried Tomato Delight: Stir in chopped sundried tomatoes for a burst of sweetness and a tangy dimension that complements the creamy white sauce. Now, this sounds delish, right?
Spinach Infusion: Be like Popeye and add a handful of fresh baby spinach leaves to the sauce as it simmers.
Refrigeration: If you have leftovers, allow the dish to cool to room temperature before placing it in an airtight container. Store the ravioli and white sauce separately if possible. Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
Freezing (White Sauce Only): While the ravioli might not freeze well due to its delicate nature, you can freeze the white sauce. Allow the sauce to cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. Leave some space at the top for expansion. Seal tightly and label with the date. Freeze for up to 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Reheating: When ready to enjoy the leftovers, reheat the ravioli and white sauce separately. You can gently warm the white sauce on the stovetop over low heat, stirring occasionally to avoid scorching. Reheat the ravioli by briefly boiling them or microwaving them with a splash of water to prevent drying out.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk (such as almond, soy, oat, or cashew milk)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Trader Joe's Green Goddess Seasonings or homemade
- ½ tsp organic dried rosemary
- salt & pepper to taste
Melt the butter:
- In a medium saucepan, melt the vegan butter over medium heat.
Add the Flour:
- Once the butter is melted, add the all-purpose flour to the pan. Use a whisk to combine the flour and butter, creating a smooth paste or roux. Cook this roux for about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add Plant-Based Milk:
- Slowly pour in the unsweetened plant-based milk while whisking continuously. Continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, 1 tablespoon of Trader Joe's Green Goddess seasoning, and ½ teaspoon of organic dried rosemary to the sauce. Stir well to evenly distribute the seasonings.
Simmer and Thicken:
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the sauce simmer gently. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking or burning. The sauce will gradually thicken as it simmers. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
Taste and Adjust:
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if needed. Keep in mind that the dried rosemary will add a strong flavor, so you might want to start with a smaller amount and add more if desired.
- Once the sauce has reached your desired consistency, remove it from the heat. Serve the vegan white sauce with the Green Goddess seasoning and dried rosemary over cooked vegan ravioli. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or chives if desire
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
STILL VOYEURING HERE? CHECK THESE OUT!
Holla at yo girl and leave a sweet comment below TOOTz!