This BLAT Sandwich just got upgraded and made healthier than the original BLT sandwich. The addition of fresh avocados makes a tastier sandwich to enjoy. Make this favorite sandwich of ours for your lunch!
THE BLAT SANDWICH OVERVIEW
Learn how to make a delicious Blat sandwich – a twist on the classic BLT with the addition of avocado.
I have added avocados, used low sodium turkey bacon, vegan mayo, plant based cheese, and organic butter lettuce! You know, I am going to make it healthy-fied someway!
If you want your BLAT sandwich to have a spicier kick to your palate, try using my Spicy Jalapeno Avocado Aioli. This spread has jalapenos and is quick and easy to make.
WHAT IS A BLAT SANDWICH?
A Blat sandwich is essentially a BLT with the addition of avocado. The name itself is a combination of “BLT” and “avocado,” thus creating “Blat.” While this may seem like a small addition, it can completely transform the sandwich and take it to new heights.
THE BLAT SANDWICH BREAKDOWN
- TOASTED WHITE BREADS
- TURKEY BACON – Preferably low sodium. I like using Oscar Meyer and Butter Ball.
- LETTUCE – I used organic butter lettuce cause that’s what I had on hand.
- AVOCADO – Any avocado will do!
- TOMATOES – Juicy round roma tomatoes were used here.
- PLANT BASED CHEESE – American cheese slices
- VEGAN MAYONNAISE – Cause I like the flavor but use your favorite.
HOW MAKE TO MAKE A BLAT SANDWICH
Toast your breads. While the breads are toasting, grab a microwaveable dish. Place your 4 turkey bacons and cover with paper towels. Microwave for 2-3 minutes to get the turkey bacons crispy.
Wash and clean your butter lettuce. Set aside. Then cut up your tomatoes into 4 slices and set aside. Slice avocado in half.
Grab your toasted breads. Spread mayonaise on both bread slices. Grab one of the half sliced avocado and scoop with a spoon. Spread it on the bread. You can mash this or prep in slices. Add the butter lettuce, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, tomato slices, and then a slice of cheese. Top off with the other slice of bread. The order of the ingredients can be made any way you want!
If you’re a fan of the classic BLT, then you have to try the Blat sandwich. The addition of avocado takes this already amazing sandwich to new heights, and it’s incredibly easy to make. Whether you stick to the classic recipe or mix things up with some variations, the Blat sandwich is sure to become a new favorite in your sandwich rotation.
While the classic Blat sandwich is amazing on its own, there are a few variations that you can try to mix things up:
- Add some sliced jalapenos for a spicy kick.
- Use a flavored mayo (such as chipotle or garlic) or plain mayo for added flavor.
PAIR THIS BLAT SANDWICH WITH:
- Oven Baked Red Potato Wedges – You can’t have a sandwich with out some fries!
- Chayote Fries – These fries are super popular on my blog!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 4 Toasted White Breads
- 2 tbsp Vegan Mayo, divided
- 4 Low Sodium Turkey Bacon
- 1/2 Hass Avocado
- 2 Plant Based American Cheese slices
- 1 medium Roma Tomato, thinly sliced and divided
- 2 leaves Organic Butter Lettuce, divided
- 1 tbsp of #Justice
- Toast your breads in a toaster. While the breads are toasting, grab a microwaveable dish. Place your 4 turkey bacons and cover with paper towels. Microwave for 2-3 minutes to get the turkey bacons crispy.
- Wash and clean your butter lettuce. Set aside. Then cut up your tomatoes into 4 slices and set aside. Slice avocado in half.
- Grab your toasted breads. Spread mayonnaise on both bread slices. Grab one of the half sliced avocado and scoop with a spoon. Spread it on the bread. You can mash the avocado or prep in slices. Add the butter lettuce, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, tomato slices, and then a slice of cheese. Top off with the other slice of bread. Repeat again for the next sandwich and enjoy!
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these Sandwiches and try them out:
- GARLIC EGG SALAD SANDWICH
- CORNED BEEF & EGG SANDWICH
- KOREAN STYLE SHRIMP PO BOYS
- SOURDOUGH CRAB MELT
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below TOOTz!