Turning your Filipino left-over corned beef breakfast with a fried egg into a sandwich with healthier options.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
CORNED BEEF AND EGG OVERVIEW
This time there is no white rice needed. You’re better off using organic whole grain bread here! This is not your ordinary Filipino styled Corned Beef Silog (fried egg) with Garlic Rice.
This is a specialty sandwich that I randomly made the next day after seeing corned beef decorated in my Momzy’s fridge. So I decided to make my son and I some gourmet-ish sandwich.
THE SANDWICH BREAKDOWN
- Left over corned beef from the other day
- Slices of your favorite cheese
- Two whole eggs – cage free
- The OG Pows (garlic and onion powders)
- Two cloves of garlic
- 4 slices of organic wheat breads
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan grated cheese
BEHIND THE CORNED BEEF AND EGG SANDWICH
A DAY OLD CORNED BEEF
In this recipe, you will need a day old corned beef, meaning leftovers. My momzy’s leftovers usually consists of the low sodium corned beef, lots of garlic chunks, and sauteed onions. She keeps it simple.
WITH OR WITHOUT CHEESE?
Totally your choice!
My son likes swiss cheese on his. I used a plantbased cheese on mine.
TIPS AND TRICKS
You’ll want to use thicker bread slices such as Texas Toast or Italian bread. Cause once you place the fried corned beef on top, it will soak up the bread.
You’ll enjoy this corned beef with crusted garlic nodes of flavor, nested with a fried egg and cheese melted on top. Served this sandwich with my Oven Roasted Red Potato Wedges!
Am I seducing you now?
- 1 cup Day Old Corned Beef (divided in half)
- 2 slices of your Favorite Cheeses
- 4 slices of toasted Organic Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 whole Cage Free Eggs
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Onion Powder to taste
- 2 cloves of minced garlic (divided in half)
- Parmesan Grated Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon of #SERENITY
- In a flat griddle pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add 1 of the minced cloves of garlic and saute in oil for 2 minutes. Gently, place ½ cup of the day old corned beef and place on top of the sauteed garlic and oil. Let the corned beef sit for about a minute, until the bottom turns a little brown and crispy.
- Create a well in the middle. Crack one whole egg inside the well. Sprinkle garlic and onion powder to your liking. Cover with a lid. Keep covered until your egg is cooked. I did mine for about 2 minutes. Place your favorite sliced cheese on top of the egg and corned beef.
- Next, with a flat spatula transfer the melted cheese, egg, and corned beef on to your toasted bread slices. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese.
- Served immediately with a side of
Oven Roasted Red Potato Wedges
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these and try them out:
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below if yall make this TOOTz!