Craving an Asian Fusion type of sandwich? This Shrimp Po Boy was influenced by two cultures in one sandwich. You’ll get a taste of Korean from the gochujang mixed in with shrimps, stuffed with red lettuce leaves, into a toasted Filipino garlic buttered Pan De Sal bun that’s split top open!
SHRIMP PO BOY OVERVIEW
I hope I caught your attention by now or you may have scrolled to the bottom of the page to get this recipe. Good, I’m glad!
On my Instagram, I decided to call this “Fili-Korean Shrimp Po Boy”, just uniting the Asian influence into one with a sandwich.
I used Lucky Foods Gochujang paste, mixed with a few Asian ingredients that you may have in your pantry. Being that I’m a Filipina, we tend to have Pan de Sal (or salt bread) which is our go-to bread in our house. So what better way than to have a Po Boy type of sandwich with tasty shrimps!
THE SHRIMP PO BOY BREAKDOWN
- MEDIUM SHRIMPS – I used the frozen, deveined, and cooked shrimps.
- PAN DE SAL BUNS – You can find these at your local Filipino market. If not, use french bread. I toasted the buns through the air fryer with garlic powder and unsalted butter.
- LUCKY FOODS SEOUL GOCHUJANG PASTE
- LETTUCE AND GREEN ONIONS – All the greens to make you lean! JK, these just add a pop of color 😉
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these and try them out:
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 1 1/2 cup medium shrimps, cooked & deveined
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 3 Pan de Sal buns
- 3 pats of unsalted butter, divided
- 2 stalks of green onions, chopped
- Garlic powder
- Organic coconut oil spray
- 1 tbsp Lucky Foods Gochujang
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp of #SelfLove
- In medium high heat, spray the frying pan with coconut oil. Cook shrimps for 3-4 minutes. Add all the sauce ingredients on the shrimp and turn heat down to medium. You’ll want the shrimps to soak the sauce. The sauce will thicken and that’s when you know the shrimps are done. Set aside.
TOASTING THE BUNS
- Make a slit on top of each pan de sal bun. Place one pat of butter in between and sprinkle garlic powder. Air fry at 340F for 1-2 mins or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Grab one pan de sal bun and open it. Lay one piece of lettuce leaf inside, followed by a tablespoon of shrimps. Sprinkle with green onions. Continue the same process with the next two. Serve and Enjoy!
- If you do not have pan de sals buns, use french bread or dinner rolls.
- You will have extra sauce. Perfect to dip the po boys in!
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below TOOTz!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…