Change up your classic hummus with a flavorful burst of tikka masala. Just a few ingredients involved and there’s no tahini either. This Tikka Masala Hummus is the perfect dip for veggies, crackers, or can be used as a spread on your toasts.
Change up the classic hummus into a more flavorful one by adding Tikka Masala to the flavor game. By the way, there is no tahini involved. I used a few organic ingredients to make this hummus a healthier option. The hummus is lower in sodium, gluten free and dairy free too. This is easy to make and only takes about 5 minutes of your time.
This hummus can be served as a spread. I like to have it with toasted sourdough bread as a light mid day snack.
Since the Football playoffs are starting, you can serve this Tikka Masala hummus as a dip. Add some carrots, celeries, and crackers for your guest to dip them with. It’s a great idea to serve as appetizers.
Chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) provides fiber which helps with gut health. The good bacteria in your gut breaks this down so your colon can digest it slowly.
It’s a good source of vitamins and minerals. They can help by lowering the cholesterol levels. This lowers your risk of heart disease.
So try adding chickpeas into your diet and make this dip too!
THE TIKKA MASALA HUMMUS BREAKDOWN
- CANNED LOW SODIUM ORGANIC CHICKPEAS – drained and rinsed
- TIKKA MASALA SAUCE – I used Kevin’s Natural Foods Tikka Masala Sauce.
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- ORGANIC GARLIC CLOVES
- AQUAFABA (The liquid from the canned chickpeas) – save a tablespoon or two when you drain the chickpeas from the can. This makes it more creamier and adds a little flavor.
- RED CHILE PEPPERS – This is optional! I wanted a kick of spice! I bought mine at a local Farmer’s Market.
HOW TO MAKE TIKKA MASALA HUMMUS
In a food processor, blend or pulse all the ingredients together to your desired consistency.
Serve in a bowl with fresh veggies or crackers. Devour and enjoy!
CAN I MAKE THIS AHEAD OF TIME?
Of course! You can prepare this the day before. Just save it in a glass container with a lid overnight in the fridge. Bust it out when your guests arrive for game day!
STORING THE TIKA MASALA HUMMUS
FRIDGE – Store the dip in a container and pop them into the fridge for up to 3 days.
AIGHT I’M OUTRO TOOTz…
STALK MY NAUGHTY NETWORK
- 1 15 oz Organic Chickpeas (Low Sodium or No Salt added), rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp Tikka Masala Sauce
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Aquafaba
- 2 Organic Garlic Cloves
- 2 Red Chile Peppers (optional)
- Dash of #ACCEPTANCE
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients and pulse to your desired consistency.
- Serve in a bowl with fresh veggies or crackers. Enjoy and devour!
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!