Discover the perfect recipe for succulent Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken Lollipops. With the zesty twist of cilantro and lime, these drumsticks are a crowd-pleaser. Easy to make and even easier to enjoy!
CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS OVERVIEW
Are you ready to elevate your dinner game? Look no further than this Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken Lollipops recipe.
These drumsticks are not only incredibly flavorful but also a breeze to make. With Kevin’s Natural Foods Cilantro Lime Sauce, zesty limes, and fresh cilantro, your taste buds are in for a treat.
I decided to use the Cilantro Lime sauce for these Chicken Lollipops first. It’s a bright chimichurri sauce made with cilantro, lime, and garlic. You know me and my fondness for garlic! I had to jump on it immediately. Kevin’s Natural Food’s Cilantro Lime sauce was totally fit for this recipe as the chicken and cilantro lime paired well with the flavors.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS
Quick and Easy: This recipe is simple and perfect for busy weeknight dinners. You’ll have a delicious meal on the table in no time.
Incredible Flavor: The combo of zesty cilantro lime sauce, fresh cilantro, and aromatic spices creates an explosion of flavor that will tantalize your taste buds.
Healthy Choice: Baking instead of frying keeps these chicken lollipops a healthier option.
HOW TO TURN THE CHICKEN LEGS INTO LOLLIPOPS
Grab some chicken legs and place them in a bowl. You will need a sharp knife or scissors to get the legs into a lollipop. Make sure you dry your chicken legs first because it will be slippery if you’ve never attempted to make these.
Place a chicken leg or drumstick on your cutting board. At the end of the chicken joint, snip and push the skin and chicken meat down to resemble a lollipop.
HOW TO BAKE CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS
Grab your chicken lollipops and add the Cilantro Lime Sauce in the bowl. Gently mix 1/2 of the package in and save the other half for basting.
Marinate for 30 minutes in a sealed container. I saved the other half of the Cilantro Lime sauce in another container to baste for later.
Now, preheat the oven to 400F. Place your chicken lollipops on a lined baking sheet with foil and place them on top of a rack.
Squeeze a fresh lime over the chicken. Bake for 15 minutes. Then flip chicken legs. Bake an additional 15 minutes.
Baste with the Cilantro Lime sauce and squeeze lime over the chickens. I decided to add bacon on a few pieces of chicken. I threw in some fresh cilantro for more flavor.
Serve and enjoy!
- To make these Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken Lollipops tastes more flavorful, squeeze some fresh lime each time you baste! Also, add cilantro towards the last 5 minutes of baking. The cilantros will turn crispy and you’ll like the added mini crunch!
- Add bacon and wrap it around the base of the chicken lollipop! I used Turkey Bacon but any other bacon will do!
- Serve with a side of guacamole or my Jalapeno Avocado Dip.
HOW TO STORE CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS
Refrigeration: Allow any leftover chicken lollipops to cool to room temperature. Then, store them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Refrigerate within two hours of cooking. Chicken lollipops can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
HOW TO REHEAT THE CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS
Oven Method (Recommended):
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the chicken lollipops on a baking sheet or in an oven-safe dish. Cover the dish with aluminum foil to prevent the chicken from drying out. Reheat in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Check for doneness using a meat thermometer.
Place the chicken lollipops on a microwave-safe plate and cover them with a microwave-safe lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap. Reheat in the microwave on medium power (50% or lower) in 30-second intervals, checking and flipping the chicken between intervals. Microwaving can cause the chicken to lose some crispness, so it’s not the ideal method, but it works if you’re in a hurry.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken lollipops in the skillet and cover with a lid. Reheat for about 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally until the chicken is heated through.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 10 4oz Chicken Legs (Drumsticks)
- 1 7 oz package Kevin's Natural Foods Cilantro Lime Sauce (save half for basting)
- 2 pieces Limes (halved)
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantros
- 1 Dash of Black Pepper
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- Dash of Onion Poweder
- 1 tsp #PARADISE
- Place a chicken leg or drumstick on your cutting board. At the end of the chicken joint, snip and push the skin and chicken meat down to resemble a lollipop. Continue with the rest of the chicken legs.
- Season chicken lollipops with black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add half of Kevin's Natural Foods Cilantro Lime Sauce. Save the other half for later. Marinate in fridge for 30 minutes to one hour.
- After the 30 minute marination, preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup, and place the rack over. Place marinated chicken lollipops on top of the baking rack. Squeeze lime over the chicken lollipops. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Flip the chicken lolipops. Squeeze lime juice over the chicken lollipops. I wrapped turkey bacons on a few of the chicken lollipops. Bake for another 15 minutes. The last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle cilantros over the chicken lolipops.
- Serve with cilantro and lime on the side. Then enjoy!
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these and try them out:
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below TOOTz!