Let’s upgrade your lollipops with a savory flavor. These chicken drumsticks were turned into savory tasting lollipops with cilantro lime sauce and wrapped with turkey bacon! You’ll be craving these Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken Lollipops for dinner each week!
BEHIND THE BAKED CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS
Guess who’s entering another Food Blogger’s challenge? Yes, your gal here! I’m thoroughly excited to enter this Chicken Lollipop recipe for Kevin’s Natural Foods “Eat Clean. Live Happy. Blogger Recipe Challenge.” This is my first recipe that I am submitting.
ABOUT KEVIN’S NATURAL FOODS
Kevin’s Natural Foods supplied me with four sauces – Korean BBQ, Cilantro Lime, Thai Coconut, and Tikka Marsala. All four of these sauces are Paleo, Keto, Gluten Free, Soy Free, and Vegetarian!
With these sauces, all you do is prepare your protein, add the sauce, then serve and enjoy!
Their mission is to have the busiest people eat clean without sacrificing the flavor. Kevin’s Natural Food created easy quick to prepare entrées and sauces so that you can create meals at home that help you eat clean and live happy.
CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS OVERVIEW
I decided to use the Cilantro Lime sauce for these Chicken Lollipops first. It’s a bright chimichurri sauce made with cilantro, lime, and garlic. You know me and my fondness for garlic! I had to jump on it immediately.
Kevin’s Natural Food’s Cilantro Lime sauce was totally fit for this recipe as the chicken and cilantro lime paired well with the flavors.
HOW TO TURN THE CHICKEN LEGS INTO LOLLIPOPS
Grab some chicken legs and place them in a bowl. You will need a sharp knife or scissors to get the legs into a lollipop. Make sure you dry your chicken legs first because it will be slippery if you’ve never attempted to make these.
Place a chicken leg or drumstick on your cutting board. At the end of the chicken joint, snip and push the skin and chicken meat down to resemble a lollipop.
HOW TO BAKE CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS
Grab your chicken lollipops and add the Cilantro Lime Sauce in the bowl. Gently mix 1/2 of the package in and save the other half for basting.
Marinate for 30 minutes in a sealed container. I saved the other half of the Cilantro Lime sauce in another container to baste for later.
Now, preheat the oven to 400F. Place your chicken lollipops on a lined baking sheet with foil and place them on top of a rack.
Squeeze a fresh lime over the chicken. Bake for 15 minutes. Then flip chicken legs. Bake an additional 15 minutes.
Baste with the Cilantro Lime sauce and squeeze lime over the chickens. I decided to add bacon on a few pieces of chicken. I threw in some fresh cilantro for more flavor.
Serve and enjoy!
- To make these Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken Lollipops tastes more flavorful, squeeze some fresh lime each time you baste! Also, add cilantro towards the last 5 minutes of baking. The cilantros will turn crispy and you’ll like the added mini crunch!
- Add bacon and wrap it around the base of the chicken lollipop! I used Turkey Bacon but any other bacon will do!
- Serve with a side of guacamole or my Jalapeno Avocado Dip.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 10 4oz Chicken Legs (Drumsticks)
- 1 7 oz package Kevin's Natural Foods Cilantro Lime Sauce (save half for basting)
- 2 pieces Limes (halved)
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantros
- 1 Dash of Black Pepper
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- Dash of Onion Poweder
- 1 tsp #PARADISE
- Place a chicken leg or drumstick on your cutting board. At the end of the chicken joint, snip and push the skin and chicken meat down to resemble a lollipop. Continue with the rest of the chicken legs.
- Season chicken lollipops with black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add half of Kevin's Natural Foods Cilantro Lime Sauce. Save the other half for later. Marinate in fridge for 30 minutes to one hour.
- After the 30 minute marination, preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup, and place the rack over. Place marinated chicken lollipops on top of the baking rack. Squeeze lime over the chicken lollipops. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Flip the chicken lolipops. Squeeze lime juice over the chicken lollipops. I wrapped turkey bacons on a few of the chicken lollipops. Bake for another 15 minutes. The last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle cilantros over the chicken lolipops.
- Serve with cilantro and lime on the side. Then enjoy!
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these and try them out:
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below TOOTz!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…