Tofu chunks are drenched with a Peanut Butter and Garlic sauce when they are combined together as one in a bowl. You’ll want to try this super easy recipe for Lunch – Peanutty Garlic Tofu Bowl!
I’m pretty sure you were all expecting me to post the recipe as you have seen my Instagram Vid Teaser. If you are new to my blog and jumped on this, beware of my lingo or if you want to know more about me, click here.
Anyway, this is for one serving. If you want to make more Peanutty Garlic Tofu Bowls, double or triple the quantities. I made this for myself cause I was craving something a little spicy. I made my son a bowl of Chicken Tocinos with garlic potatoes over some jazzy rice.
Since there was a cup of rice left in the cooker, I decided to drain a block of tofu and whip up a quick Nutty Tofu Bowl for myself. Draining a block of tofu can be time consuming. I usually grab a lot of FREE napkins from the fast food chains or restaurants. SHHH! LOL! But if you want to be legit, invest in a Tofu Press or this Fancy Tofu Press. It’s totally worth it if you buy a lot of Tofus.
THE PEANUTTY GARLIC TOFU BOWL
- Half Block Extra Firm Tofu (Drained and cubed)
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Dash of Onion Powder;
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- 1 cup cooked Jasmine Rice
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sesame Seeds and Dried Parsley (for garnish)
- Pinch of #Attraction
- Peanutty Garlic Sauce:1-2 Tbs Low Fat Peanut Butter1 Tbs Organic Coconut Aminos1 Tbs Organic Apple Cider1 Garlic Clove (minced)1 Tbs Red Onions1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- Drain tofu block well with tofu press or paper towels. The more tofu juice is squeezed out, the better the tofu will be crispy. Once drained, cut tofu block in half and cut into one inch cubes. Save other half in a container.
- In a bowl, toss half of the cubed tofu with corn starch, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Throw in the coated tofu. Stir fry tofu on all sides until golden brown. This will take several minutes.
- While tofu is frying, prepare the peanutty garlic sauce. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Throw the sauce into the pan once all the tofus are golden brown. Let the tofu suck in the sauce while it simmers down for about 2 minutes.
- Reuse that saucy bowl and add the rice and then the peanutty garlic tofu. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and dried parsley to make it look pretty like you tootz
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these recipes:
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below if yall make this TOOTz!