Switch up your burger game with this delicious chicken cheese burger recipe topped with grilled mushrooms and onions. Perfect for the whole family for lunch or dinner!
CHICKEN CHEESE BURGER OVERVIEW
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to a traditional beef burger, look no further than the chicken cheese burger with grilled mushrooms and onions.
This mouth-watering burger is not only flavorful and satisfying, but it’s also packed with nutrients that can help improve your overall health and wellbeing.
BENEFITS OF GRILLED MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
- High in Fiber: Both mushrooms and onions are excellent sources of fiber, which can help promote digestive health and keep you feeling fuller for longer periods of time.
- Low in Calories: Mushrooms and onions are both low in calories, making them ideal for those who are watching their weight or trying to maintain a healthy diet.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Mushrooms are an excellent source of antioxidants, which can help protect your body from harmful free radicals and reduce your risk of chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease.
- Low in Fat: Grilled mushrooms and onions are naturally low in fat, making them a great addition to any healthy diet.
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Both mushrooms and onions are packed with essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin B6, iron, and potassium, which can help improve your overall health and wellbeing.
This chicken cheese burger is a great option for those who are looking for a healthier alternative to traditional beef burgers by using lean ground chicken, and the addition of the grilled mushrooms and onions add a delicious depth of flavor. For more flavor layering, you can add my Jalapeno Avocado Aioli.
If chicken burgers aren’t your thing, try my Shrimp Burger with Cajun Mayo. You’ll love the mix of shrimps and beef in a patty with the delicious mayonnaise!
- LEAN GROUND CHICKEN
- GLUTEN FREE BREAD CRUMBS
- PASTURE RAISED CAGE FREE EGG
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- SALT AND PEPPER
- GARLIC POWDER
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- RED ONIONS
- BUTTER AND OIL
- BRIOCHE BURGER BUNS
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CHEESE BURGER
In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, grated parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
Divide mixture into four equal portions and form into patties.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
HOW TO MAKE THE GRILLED MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
Add butter and oil into a separate pan. Add sliced onions and mushrooms and cook until softened and caramelized, about 10-15 minutes. Season with garlic powder for more flavors.
BUILD THE BURGER
When the burgers are almost finished cooking, add a slice of cheddar cheese to each patty and allow it to melt slightly.
Assemble burgers by placing a patty on each bun with mayonnaise, followed by a generous helping of grilled onions and mushrooms. I added dried parsley to brighten up the toppings.
Devour and enjoy!
DIET TRENDSETTERS SUBSTITUTIONS
VEGAN – Use a meatless patty like Impossible Chicken Patty or Gardein Chick’n Filets. I’ve tried both brands but they’re high in sodium. To swap out the cheese, use plantbased cheese. The smoked gouda cheese from Follow You Heart is my favorite and will pair well with the grilled toppings.
LOW CARB/KETO – Swap out the buns for keto buns or use lettuce and wrap it up around the burger.
OTHER PROTEIN – You can use lean ground beef or if using lean ground turkey, season it well.
PAIR THIS CHICKEN CHEESE BURGER WITH
- 1 lbs lean ground chicken
- ¼ cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 pasture raised cage free egg
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pats of butter
- oil for frying
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise, divided
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, grated parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Divide mixture into four equal portions and form into patties.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- While the patties are cooking, heat a separate pan over medium heat. Add butter and oil. Add sliced onions and mushrooms and cook until softened and caramelized, about 10-15 minutes.
- When the burgers are almost finished cooking, add a slice of cheddar cheese to each patty and allow it to melt slightly.
- Assemble burgers by placing a patty on each bun with mayonnaise, followed by a generous helping of grilled onions and mushrooms.
- Devour and enjoy!
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Holla at yo girl and leave a sweet comment below TOOTz!