If you’re craving seafood in a bun, then you’ll get a kick out this Shrimp Burger with Cajun Mayo. A shrimp patty topped off with melted cheese and creamy cajun mayo with lettuce stuffed into a toasted sesame seed bun. This shrimp burger is the ideal lunch or dinner meal that’s quick and easy to make!
You won’t be able to resist this shrimp patty burger with cajun mayo. You may be full in an instant but will want a second burger. The shimp patty is juicy because it’s mixed with another beef burger patty. So you’ll get a dose of two burgers in one. It’s not hard to make and requires less than 30 minutes of time.
You’ll be able to have your burger satisfaction that includes melted cheese. That can be optional if you want to stay away from dairy but adding cheese makes a burger more delicious. You can add my Jalapeno Avocado Aioli for more added flavors if the chipotle mayo ain’t your thang.
Adding the chipotle mayo is a flavor bomb! The mayo mixed with cajun seasonings gives the burger a bit of a kick. Sometimes I just use the chipotle mayo as a dip with my fries. So, don’t forget to double the recipe!
My Son and I enjoyed these Shrimp Burgers with cheese and lots of Cajun Mayo. Are you craving for these now, Tootz?
THE BURGER BREAKDOWN
- MEDIUM SHRIMPS – make sure the shrimps are peeled and deveined. You can used the frozen cooked shrimps too. Just thaw them out in the fridge ahead of time.
- BURGER PATTIES – I used lean ground beef. Any lean ground meat can be used.
- OLD BAY SEASONINGS – Because these seasonings give flavor and it’s already premade.
- CRACKED BLACK PEPPER – I love using cracked black pepper for the extra kick of flavor. You can opt from using it.
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL – Just to fry these burgers
- YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE SLICES – I used gouda cheese slices. Pepper jack cheese slices tastes good too.
- LETTUCES LEAVES – You can’t leave out the greens! Butter lettuce or romaine lettuce works with this recipe.
- SESAME SEED BURGER BUNS – or regular burger buns can be used if you don’t like sesame seeds.
THE CAJUN MAYO BREAKDOWN
VEGAN MAYO – or regular mayo. I prefer using vegan mayo cause I like the taste.
ONION AND GARLIC POWDER – The OG’s of basic flavors
SMOKED PAPRIKA – to add a bit of color and the smoked flavor
KETCHUP – I like using low sodium ketchup but regular is fine.
HOW TO MAKE A DELICIOUS BURGER WITH SHRIMPS
In a mixing bowl, add the two burger patties. Roughly mince the shrimp and add to the same bowl. Add the old bay seasonings and black pepper. With your hands, mix burger patties and minced shrimp together.
Shape mixture into 4 patties that are about ¾-inch thick and 3 inches in diameter. Place in the refrigerator and chill for 15 minutes.
While the patties are in the fridge, prepare your cajun mayo. In a small bowl combine all ingredients. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp patties. Cook for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked.
Add a slice of cheese on each patty. Cover with a lid until the cheese melts.
Serve with lettuce in between the burger buns and spread cajun mayo on top of shrimp patties.
You’ll end up with your burger looking like this. Get ready to enjoy and devour!
ADD CHEESE OR NO CHEESE?
This is your preferance. If you want to add some fats to your meal, go for it! Use your favorite cheese. I happen to have gouda cheese so I used them. Others may have dietary restricitions such as being lactose intolerant, so cheese is optional with this recipe.
PAIR THIS BURGER WITH
STORAGE AND REHEATING
STORAGE – Store the cooked shrimp patties in a air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
FREEZER – Store uncooked shrimp patties separated in between with wax paper in the freezer in a freezer bag up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge when ready to use. To store cooked shrimp patties, add wax paper in between patties and store in a freezer bag up to 3 months.
REHEAT – Microwave patties for a few minutes until fully warm. You can also refry the patties in a skillet for a few minutes untill fully cooked.
DIET TRENDSETTERS SUBSTITUTIONS
MAKE IT LOW CARB – Use lettuce leaves as the bun. I like using butter lettuce cause it’s great for my eye with added vitamins and antioxidants. Another option is the keto bun for you diet trendsetters.
DAIRY FREE – If you want to keep it dairy free, I love using plant based cheese slices. The gouda flavor is my favorite!
- In a mixing bowl, add the two burger patties. Roughly mince the shrimp and add to the same bowl. Add the old bay seasonings and black pepper. With your hands, mix burger patties and minced shrimp together.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties that are about ¾-inch thick and 3 inches in diameter. Place in the refrigerator and chill for 15 minutes.
- While the patties are in the fridge, prepare your cajun mayo. In a small bowl combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp patties. Cook for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Add a slice of cheese on each patty. Cover with a lid until the cheese melts.
- Serve with lettuce in between the burger buns and spread cajun mayo on top of shrimp patties. Enjoy and devour!
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.