What’s yellow in color and crunchy in a bowl with Jasmine Rice? A Golden Tofu Crunch Bowl!
This Golden Tofu Crunch Bowl is one of my go-to bowls to make for lunch or dinner. This yellow bowl of goodies has baked seasoned tofu, crunchy onion strips, and a crispy veggie egg roll over a bowl of jasmine rice sprinkled with red pepper flakes and dried parsley.
The Breakdown – Golden Tofu Crunch Bowl:
For the Golden Tofu, I used extra firm tofu and chopped it into 1/2″-1″ cubes. Then preseasoned the tofu cubes in a small plastic container. I keep the rest in the fridge each time I crave tofu. Now, what really helps and saves me time is having a Tofu Press! I used to grab lots of napkins from fast food places and stick them in my purse just so I can squeeze the liquids out. I may have mentioned to do this ghetto napkin process in my other Tofu Bowl posts.
If you didn’t know, I’m telling you now how I get the yellow color affect. It’s basically Turmeric Powder! You know that Turmeric has many benefits, especially for you tootz that have a bloodline of heart diseases. Yes, that means my family too. So, I always incorporate healthy and flavorful ingredients even if I have to serve it hidden.
The Onion Crunchy are sprinkled with cornstarch, onion powder, garlic power, and turmeric again!
Last by not the least – The Crispy Veggie Eggroll. Okay, I cheated and bought a premade veggie eggroll at the local Asian market. Now if you’re vegan or a wannabe, some eggroll wrappers are made from eggs so pay attention to the ingredients on the label. Then, I used the left over seasoned oil and mixed it in with oil to fry the eggroll. I didn’t use much oil to deep fry, just enough to fry both sides as I used one eggroll. I think it would be a waste to deep fry just one eggroll. You know what I mean?? Some of you may recommend using an air fryer. Let me know how that worked for you in the comments below.
Jump on these TOFULICIOUS recipes:
Holla at your girl when you’re ready to make this Golden Tofu Crunch Bowl!
Aight I’m Outro…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- ½ package Organic Extra-Firm Tofu (cubed)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Organic Turmeric Powder (for the yellow color)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 cup cooked Jasmine Rice
- 1 Fried Veggie Eggroll (sliced)
- Turmeric Onion Crunchy
- 1 tsp extra virgin Coconut oil
- ¼ small slivered Red Onions
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- Dash of Garlic powder
- Dash of Onion powder
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- Dash of Turmeric
- Dash of #Sultry
- In a small container mix tofu and all the powders. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat. Bake for 30mins flipping through halfway. (15m/15m)
- While tofu is baking, use that same container and dump the turmeric onion crunchy ingredients and mix together. Place a medium frying pan over medium heat with oil. Toss in the mixture and fry until crispy. Drain in a paper towel and set aside.
- Use the same frying pan and add enough oil to fry the veggie eggroll. Drain in a paper towel and set aside next to the onions. Slice it in thirds.
- Prepare your bowl with cooked jasmine rice. Add the baked tofu, onion crunchy, and the eggroll. Sprinkle dried parsley and red pepper flakes to make it pretty
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
PIN THIS GOLDEN TOFU CRUNCH BOWL FOR LATER
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @NaughtyKitchen and use #NaughtyKitchen so I can Voyeur your page!
✨Got Pinterest?✨ Come join Me and My Finest Food Blogger Squad and discover some Sexy Recipes to make‼️