A hearty meal made with shredded chicken simmered in a savory red chili. You can eat this straight from the bowl or use as a dip!
Indulge in the perfect blend of spices and flavors with our Red Chicken Chili recipe. This hearty dish combines tender chicken, a medley of aromatic seasonings, and a harmonious mix of ingredients that will tantalize your taste buds. Whether you’re a chili enthusiast or a food lover seeking comfort, this Red Chicken Chili is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen. Let’s dive into this delicious recipe that brings warmth and satisfaction to any mealtime.
You know we’re originally from Los Angeles, and when we think of chili, we think of the meaty type. That’s what we were missing. The kind where they have Chili Cheeseburgers from Tommy’s Restaurants or even the Chili Hot Dogs that you’ll get from Pink’s in Los Angeles.
Living in Albuquerque, you’ll notice that chili isn’t the same “meaty chili” here. All the restaurants and fast food chains mainly serve the “red” or “green chile”. (The one’s that are hot and spicy that comes from chiles.) Just wanted to clarify that there is a difference and you’ll need to explain yourselves when ordering and using the word, “chili” vs. “chile” if you ever visit New Mexico.
So, I thought I would just rekindle the fond memories of having that meaty type of chili and create my own version of Red Chicken Chile!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RED CHICKEN CHILI
Flavor Explosion: This Red Chicken Chili boasts a harmonious blend of spices like chili powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne, ensuring a burst of rich flavors in every bite. The aromatic seasonings and perfectly seared chicken create a symphony of taste that’s hard to resist.
Quick and Easy: With simple steps and readily available ingredients, this recipe makes it easy to whip up a delightful meal without spending hours in the kitchen. It’s perfect for busy weeknights or when you’re craving something satisfying without the fuss.
Comfort Food with a Twist: The use of coconut oil and organic apple cider vinegar adds a unique twist to the classic chili, enhancing both the flavor and health benefits of the dish. It’s a comforting meal that doesn’t compromise on quality ingredients.
Family-Friendly: The hearty and wholesome nature of this Red Chicken Chili makes it a hit with the whole family. Kids and adults alike will appreciate the satisfying flavors and textures, making it a go-to recipe for gatherings and family dinners.
Perfect Meal Prep: Make a large batch and enjoy leftovers throughout the week. The flavors continue to develop over time, making each serving even more delicious.
Healthier Option: By using lean turkey chili, reduced sodium soup, and unsalted kidney beans, this recipe offers a healthier take on classic chili while still delivering on taste and satisfaction.
THE CHILI BREAKDOWN
- Shredded Chicken – Protein!
- Hormel Turkey Chili Fat Free – Canned pantry goods
- Frozen Corn – Lasts for a while!
- Red Kidney Beans – Get Your Fiber, Tootz!
HOW LONG DOES IT LASTS?
This chili will lasts up to 3 days in the fridge in a sealed container or a couple of months in the freezer.
CAN THIS BE A DIP?
Absolutely! Go ahead and dunk those tortilla chips just like what I’ve done.
DIET TRENDSETTERS SUBSTITUTIONS
If you have any dietary concerns, follow what is best for you. Read the nutrition labels. These are just some suggestions to keep in mind.
GO MEATLESS – Use Textured Meat, Soy Curls, Meatless Crumbles
KETO / PALEO / LOW CARB – Don’t add the beans and use sugar free BBQ Sauce
LOW SALT / SODIUM – Don’t add salt. Use salt substitutes or other herbs and spices for more flavoring. Make sure you use low sodium as some canned foods contain a high amount of sodium to preserved their products.
Get ready to experience the delightful harmony of flavors, textures, and heartwarming comfort that our Red Chicken Chili recipe brings to the table. It’s a culinary journey that captures the essence of comfort food with a touch of creativity, ensuring a memorable dining experience for you and your loved ones.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 3 6 oz Chicken Breasts
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Smoke Paprika
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil any cooking oil
- 1 15oz can Hormel Turkey Chili No Beans
- 1/2 19oz can Reduced Sodium Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1/2 small diced Yellow Onions
- 1/2 15oz. canned Unsalted Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1/3 cup Frozen Corn
- 2 tsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp of #Peace
COOKING THE CHICKEN
- Generously, season both sides of the chicken breasts with the garlic, onion, chili, smoke paprika, and cayenne. In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add oil. Cook and fry the chicken breasts for 4 minutes each side. When done, set aside in a bowl to cool. Once cool, shred the chickens.
- With the same saucepan, add oil over medium high heat. Saute garlic and onions until fragrant and translucent. Add the Turkey Chili, Tomato Basil Soup, kidney beans, corn, ACV, ketchup, and shredded chicken. Lower heat down to low-medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to stir the contents in the pot every few minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings to flavor.
- Serve in a bowl. Add diced onions with/or tortilla chips for garnish.
- Can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge up to 3 days
- Cooking times may vary. I have an electric stove and not a gas stove.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these and try them out:
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below TOOTz!