These Cheesy Turkey Bacon Wedges are a favorite appetizer for the Superbowl Season! Loaded with three types of cheeses, topped with crumbled turkey bacon over oven baked wedges are a palate pleaser in this household!
First of all, a moment of silence to one of the greatest legend and daughter, Kobe and Gianna Bryant along with the other families that died in the fatal tradegy last week. All of my family and friends were affected by this loss in Los Angeles. May he, Gianna, and the others rest in paradise.
CHEESY TURKEY BACON WEDGES OVERVIEW
This was a totally random recipe that just happened the same day of Superbowl Sunday. We had potatoes on the counter that were almost going bad. I was debating whether to make some smashed tator tots or potato salad. I wanted french fries instead. Obviously, wedges came into my mind and sounded real good!
- Russet Potatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Turkey Bacon (Low Sodium preferred)
- Your Favorite Cheeses – I used Colby, Gouda Slices, and Grated Parmesan. You can use shredded cheeses too.
- Your Favorite Seasonings/Spices
- Other Favorite Toppings – Jalapenos (if you know me!) and Cilantro Ranch Dressing
HOW TO MAKE THESE OVEN BAKED WEDGES
If you were jocking my oven roasted red potato wedges, you’ll also like these wedges using russet potatoes. I peeled these russet potatoes cause I wasn’t feeling the skins. You can leave the skin on but make sure you use a good vegetable scrubber.
You’ll need to cut the potatoes lengthwise into wedges sizes. My russet potatoes were smaller so I ended with about 8 wedges per potatoes. Then place them in a bowl. Some bloggers soak them in water then draining them to make the wedges extra crispy. I did not cause I think it doesn’t make a difference.
Then I added oil, black pepper, the OGs Pows (onion and garlic powder) for those who are new to my blog, cumin, parsley flakes, smoked paprika, and Mrs. Dash Original Blend. I did not add salt because of my dietary restrictions. Therefore, I tend to over use the rest of the powders. You may add salt for more flavor. Make sure you taste test!
Preheat the oven to 425F. I lined my ghetto baking sheet with parchment sheets. Dump the wedges and line them up making sure they are all not sticking to each other for better crispness. You can use two baking sheets but I used one cause I didn’t want more washing! Bake them 20/15 meaning, bake for 20 minutes, then halfway through turn them around and bake for another 15 minutes.
Once the wedges are cooled, go ahead and grab your fancy plate. Grab a handful of wedges and add your cheeses. Broil for 2 minutes inside the oven broiler. Make sure you keep an eye on it so it won’t burn! Another method is to microwave for a minute or two, making sure the cheeses are melted.
Then top off with the crumbled bacon, green onions, and jalapenos. For the ones who are not fans of jalapenos, disregard it! I added store bought cilantro ranch dressing for the ones who don’t like jalapenos.
What are you waiting for? You can make these right now! I know you’re HANGRY 🙂
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Cheesy Turkey Bacon Wedges
- 5-6 small Russet Potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 1-2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Onion Powder to taste
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Cumin to taste
- Smoked Paprika to taste
- Mrs Dash Original blend to taste
- 5 pieces Low Sodium Turkey Bacon (cooked & crumbled)
- 2 slices Colby Jack Cheeses
- 3 slices Gouda Cheeses
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Green Onions for garnish
- Pickled Jalapenos (optional)
- Store Bought Cilantro Dressing (optional)
- Cup of #TOUCHDOWN
- In a bowl season potatoes with oil, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and Mrs.Dash Original blend.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake 20 minutes on one side, 15 minutes turning halfway through.
- While wedges are baking, microwave turkey bacon for about 4 minutes covered with a paper towel in a microwave safe dish. When cooled, chop and crumble. Set aside.
- Prepare a plate and begin to pile the toppings. Cut cheeses into one inch increments to evenly melt. Broil for 2 minutes in the oven’s broiler, keeping an eye on them. Or microwave for 1-2 minutes until cheeses has melted.
- Add bacon, parmesan powder, green onions and jalapenos. Serve immediately.
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these and try them out:
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…
These are the perfect party food that both the adults and kids LOVE. Even the name is fun – cheesey Turkey Bacon Wedges. Thank you!
Janie | Naughty Kitchen
Thank you! Its super bomb and everyone will love them😊
OK, this picture looks like I want some right now! Fathers day is coming up, maybe this would be a great appetizer with some spinach dip on the side. Yummm!
Yes tootz! Both with be perfect in any event!
Shelley from BeyondPennies.com
This looks yummy! Will try next weekend when we have guests over.
That would be awesome! Tag me if you take a pic😊