You’ll get a little punch of tequila with fresh citrus flavors and a little fizz from the ginger ale in this drink. Relax and enjoy a glass filled with this Tequila Punch.
Tequila has long been a staple in the world of cocktails. This versatile liquor can be used to create a wide variety of drinks, from classic margaritas to unique and flavorful punches. One of the best uses for tequila is as the base for a refreshing tequila punch.
This citrusy cocktail is perfect to have if you want to wind down from the work week. You can have it on Thirsty Thursday or your Fun Friday. You’ll get a refreshing tart tasted with the fresh grapefruit and the lemon wedge. Then a hit of tequila going down your palate as you sip on the salted rim of the glass. Sounds good right?
WHAT IS TEQUILA PUNCH?
Tequila punch is a cocktail made with tequila, fruit juice, and other ingredients. The beauty of this drink is that it can be customized to your taste preferences. You can use any type of fruit juice you like, from orange juice to pineapple juice. Other ingredients that are often added to tequila punch include soda water, grenadine, and fresh fruit slices.
Tequila punch is a delicious and refreshing cocktail that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking to mix up a batch for a party or just want to enjoy a flavorful drink at home, tequila punch is an excellent choice. Since Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner, this would be a great option.
I don’t consume alcoholic drinks any more. I have been sober since November 2021. I’m just throwing down some of my cocktail recipes that I have enjoyed in the past. My Fireball Caramel Apple Cocktail is also another delicious drink to have. I’m not forcing you to have a variety of drinks, but just suggesting more options.
Are you ready to get a head change, Tootz? LOL
THE TEQUILA PUNCH BREAKDOWN
- TEQUILA – your favorite tequila
- GRAPEFRUIT JUICE – get your vitamin C in
- GINGER ALE – a little fizz action. You can use Sprite or Club Soda if you don’t like ginger ale.
- LEMON WEDGES – you need a bit of the sour taste but this will hold the salt in place
- KOSHER SALT – for rimming the glass
HOW TO MAKE TEQUILA PUNCH
There are many different recipes for tequila punch, but here is a simple and delicious version:
Make a slit in a lemon wedge and place it on the glass and slightly squeeze around the rim of the glass then flip and dip into kosher salt on a small dish.
In a shaker add the ice, tequila, grapefruit juice, and ginger ale.
Squeeze the other lemon wedge into the mixture and then drop it in. Shake to combine and pour into glass.
Garnish with additional lemon wedges or grapefruit slices and enjoy.
CUSTOMIZING YOUR TEQUILA PUNCH
Here are a few ideas for how to make your tequila punch unique to match your taste preferences:
- USE DIFFERENT FRUIT JUICES: Instead of grapefruit juice, try using orange juice, pineapple juice, cranberry juice, or even coconut water.
- ADD FRESH HERBS: Try muddling fresh mint or basil in the bottom of your glass before pouring in the tequila punch.
NEED TO SOBER UP?
I got you covered in this department! You can enjoy these quick and easy recipes to cure your hungry palates.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 2 oz tequila or your favorite tequila
- 2 oz grapefruit juice
- 3 oz ginger ale
- 2 lemon wedges
- kosher salt for rimming, optional
- Dash of #HEADCHANGE
- Make a slit in a lemon wedge and place it on the glass and slightly squeeze around the rim of the glass then flip and dip into kosher salt on a small dish.
- In a shaker add the ice, tequila, grapefruit juice, and ginger ale.
- Squeeze the other lemon wedge into the mixture and then drop it in. Shake to combine and pour into glass.
- Garnish with additional lemon wedges or grapefruit and enjoy.
- Can be made directly in glass just stir before enjoying.
- Can be customized with more lemon juice if desired. Ingredients may vary according to the size of the glass used.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.