These Veggie Wontons appetizers are quick and easy to make. If you’re pressed for time, you can make these in less than 20 minutes with these simple ingredients!
Want to impress your guests with some super easy appetizers that looks cute? These Veggie Wontons are great to have for a potluck, an office function or if you’re having a holiday party and don’t know what appetizers to serve. These are super easy to make and requires no plating skills.
VEGGIE WONTONS OVERVIEW
I know I’m super late with this recipe. Maybe 2 years late to be exact! I posted these on my Instagram and totally forgot to post it! These Veggie Wontons recipe have now risen! I made these appetizers for a reunion party while I was living in Los Angeles. I wanted to surprise my friends and not tell them that these veggie wontons were made with vegan sausages. My friends didn’t realize they were mouth bombing on fake meat until one of the homies asked what meat I used. I loved seeing everyone’s reaction when I told them I used a vegan product as a meat substitution. Mainly, the homies that were surprised were the meat eating gluttons.
WHAT’S IN THESE VEGGIE WONTONS
- Vegan Sausages
- Organic Baby Spinach
- Grape Tomatoes
- Red Onions
- Egg Roll Wrappers (These have eggs in the ingredients, so this isn’t vegan – Sorry!)
- My favorite Chipotle Sauce
HOW TO MAKE THESE VEGGIE WONTONS
As I mentioned before, these are super easy to make. All you need to do is have these ingredients on hand and a frying pan! Just grab your pan, crumble the vegan sausages and saute until they are browned. No need to season or spice these up cause the sausages have flavor in them. If you want to be more creative, add hot sauce and saute for a spicier flavor. Then pour some oil into the pan about an inch or a good amount to cover the egg roll wrappers. Fry both sides until they are golden brown. It’ll be about 2 minutes per side. Time to decorate and make these veggie wontons look cute! Add the spinach, sausage crumbles, grape tomatoes, a dollup of chipotle sauce, sprinkle the red onions and chives on top of a wonton and VIOLA!
Make your Veggie Wontons look like these!
JOCK THESE APPETEASERz
- Healthy Game Appetizers
- Veggie Stuffed Avocados
- Garlic Shrimp Cheesy Fries (Super Popular!)
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT TOOTZ!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 1 12 oz Package Nasoya Egg Roll Wrappers
- 2 Field Roast Italian Sausages (crumbled)
- 2 tbsp Chopped Red Onions
- ⅓ cup Grape Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 8 oz Chipotle Bitchin’ Sauce
- Dried or fresh Chives for garnish
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Dash of #Voluptuous
- Remove the 2 italian sausages from its casing, crumble and fry on a non-stick frying pan for 4-5 minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
- With the same pan, add vegetable oil about 1 inch just to cover the egg rolls wrappers for frying. Add several egg rolls wrappers without overcrowding and fry each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain with paper towels over a plate and set aside. Continue the process until all egg roll wrappers have been fried.
- Begin the layering process. Grab a fried wonton. Place a spinach leaf or two. Add 1 tbsp of the cooked sausages. Add chopped grape tomatoes, then sprinkle some red onions. Then top off with a dollop of the Chipotle Bitchin Sauce. Sprinkle chives for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Your post is perfect timing! I was just looking for a fun recipe to make with wonton wrappers. I’m going to give your suggestions a try, thank you!
Oh yay! I’m glad you dropped on by! These would be fun and super simple to do 🙂