If you need a crunch to your chicken, you’ve reached the right place. These air fryer chicken thighs are a better option and are just as crispy as your take-out fried chicken.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
AIR FRYER CRISPY CHICKEN THIGHS
If you need a new way to upgrade your chicken dinners, then you’ll love making these air fryer chicken thighs. These chicken thighs are breaded to a crisp and super delicious!
You’ll probably have the ingredients in your pantry to make your own crispy chicken. This is way better than those fast food chains that’s filled with grease!
- Chicken Thighs
- Flour of your choice. I used All Purpose Flour
- Masa Flour
- Oil Spray Mister
- Parchment Liners
HOW TO AIR FRY CHICKEN THIGHS
Having an air fryer has it’s convenience. You’ll be using half the amount of oil versus the fast food chains. The air fryer that I use is the Ninja Air Fryer. This air fryer has some great features but let’s focus on the air frying part!
Once you’ve soak your chicken thighs in the ziplock bag, turn on your air fryer. You’ll want to preheat the air fryer just the same way as your oven.
I preheat mines to 390F for 3 minutes. I use parchment liners for quick clean up and then I sprayed the liners with oil. Then placed the chicken thighs in the basket. I could stick in 3 chicken thighs without over crowding. Fire up the air fryer at 390F and fry for 12 minutes, flip it around and spray the chicken thighs again with oil and fry for another 10-12 minutes. You’ll notice it will become golden brown. Use a thermometer and should be cooked at 165F.
PAIR THESE CRISPY CHICKEN THIGHS
- These would be great with some Cheddar Drop Biscuits.
- Need a potato munchy? My Oven Roasted Potato Wedges are the bomb!
- Waffles are one of the best pairs!
- 6 piece Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Maseca Flour
- 2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Buttermilk or (Unsweetened Almond Milk + 1 tbsp Organic Apple Cider)
- Cooking Spray
- 1 tbsp of #Imagination
- Preheat air fryer for 5 mins at 375. Line with parchment liners and spray with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, add unsweetened almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Place the chicken thighs in and let it sit.
- In a plastic ziplock bag, add all purpose flour, maseca flour, cajun seasonings, and garlic powder. Close and shake contents in the bag so it will fully mix. Add the chicken thighs to the bag and mix until all chicken thighs are covered.
- Add a few chicken thighs on the air fryer and spray oil on top. Air fry for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through or until it is golden.
- Sprinkle with green onions or parsely. Serve with a side salad, or with a side of rice.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these and try them out:
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below TOOTz!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…