Baked salmon with fresh veggies are stuffed in a flour tortilla to make this a healthy salmon wrap.
BEHIND THIS HEALTHY SALMON WRAP
I love having salmon when I can. It does get a bit pricy when you order from a restaurant. Actually, I do prefer ordering from a restaurant cause someone else is cooking for me and I get the salmon served warm!😆 I usually order baked salmon with two side orders (broccoli & cheese casserole and mac & cheese). When I was working at a car dealership back in Santa Monica, California many years ago, I used to order a Salmon Salad with balsamic dressing. That salmon salad was soo good! just reminiscing I bought a big bag of frozen salmon just enough to last us for the week. It’s better to buy the fresh salmons from the seafood section. In my case, we didn’t have that type at our not- so-favorite grocery store. I’m super glad we are moving soon so that we’ll be near a better grocery store! As some of you know, I have been testing different types of foods to help improve and nourish my eyes. As I researched more, salmon has good benefits for eye health because of its vitamins and the omega-3 fatty acids which helps fight inflammation and the risk of macular degeneration!
THE SALMON WRAP BREAKDOWN
- Wild Caught Salmon Fillets
- Flour Tortillas
- Fresh Organic Mixed Greens Salad
- Juice from a fresh small lemon
- Avocados and Onions
- Seasonings and Black Pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS HEALTHY SALMON WRAP
This salmon wrap is pretty simple to make. Similar to making a sandwich except you’re using a flour tortilla.
Preheat your oven to 400F and lay out your salmon fillets on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper. Squeeze some lemon juice over them bad girls and sprinkle some of your favorite seasonings on top. You may add salt + pepper to taste but I didn’t use salt.
While them salmons are in the sauna, lay out those flour tortillas. You may want to microwave them for a good 20 seconds.
Mash your fresh avocados over the flour tortilla, add some fresh greens, tomato slices, and the onions on top.
Once the salmons are done, place them over your pile and squeeze more lemon juice on top. Wrap and Roll…Viola!
JOCK THESE OTHER SEAFOOD RECIPES
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT TOOTZ!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 4 4 oz Skinless Wild Caught Salmon Fillets
- 1 small Lemon (halved, save other half for later)
- 2 small Hass Avocados (halved per wrap)
- 1 small Roma Tomato (sliced)
- ¼ small Onion (sliced)
- ½ tsp Gourmet Collection Ginger Lemon & Sriracha Blends
- Dash of Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 8" Flour Tortillas
- Organic Spring Mix Salad
- Pinch of #Pleasure
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the 4 fillets on top. Squeeze half of lemon on top of the 4 salmon fillets. Season each salmon with the seasonings blends and cracked black pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until salmon flakes using a fork.
- Grab a tortilla and mash half of an avocado. Then place spring mix, slices of the onions and tomatoes on top. Now, place the baked salmon on top. Squeeze the other lemon on top. Roll everything into a wrap. Cut the wrap in half. Continue the process for the others.
- Enjoy Tootz!