You’ll get banged with these crispy shrimp goodness! Sometimes you just need a good Bangin Sweet & Spicy Shrimps recipe that can keep you wanting more!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
You’ll find this recipe easy to make. I used rice flour instead of the normal cornstarch that everyone suggests in their recipes for the batter. I do not think there is a difference in using rice flour as it still creates the same crispness that you will want. You’ll like the saucy glaze later when you scroll down.
Come on now, that’s why my recipe is called Bangin Sweet & Spicy Shrimps. I prefer to use the cooked frozen shrimps because it saves time. You’ll find them in the frozen seafood isle at most grocery stores.
If you want to go all-natural, then go to the fresh seafood section and have the butcher massacre and clean the shrimps for you! Don’t be shy about asking to clean those shrimps! Just flirt with the butcher to boost their ego =)
Bangin Sweet & Spicy Shrimps
The caramelized glaze is what makes these shrimps BANGIN! The sweetness is coming from the banana ketchup and the subtle spiciness is where you’ll get from the dusted red pepper flakes but it will tone down because you’ll have the mayonaise.
You may want these as your appetizers rather than having it for Lunch or Dinner but the choice is yours. Have you checked out my Seafoodie section? I’m starting to add more recipes there. You may be interested in my Tuna Macaroni Salad. I’ve noticed that a lot of my IG followers have been requesting seafood types on my direct messages.
JOCK THESE OTHER SEAFOOD RECIPES
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below if yall make this TOOTz!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…
STALK ME ON MY NAUGHTY NETWORK
- 1 lbs Frozen Medium Cooked Shrimps (peeled and deveined);
- 1 ½ cup Rice Flour
- 1 cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil (for frying)
Sweet & Spicy Sauce
- ½ cup Vegan Mayonaise (or regular mayo)
- ½ cup Banana Ketchup (or regular Ketchup)
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Dry Parsley
- Pinch of #Salivation
- In a large bowl, place the thawed shrimps along with all the batter seasonings (except the oil!) and mix well until the shrimps are all coated. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together all the Sweet & Spicy sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the vegetable oil. Place the coated shrimps into batches without over crowding. Deep fry for about 4mins on each side.
- Drain with paper towels on a plate. Continue to deep fry the shrimps in batches.
- Once you have fried and drained all the battered shrimps, place it back into the pan and mix in the Sweet & Spicy sauce. Saute until the sauce carmelized for a few mins.
- Garnish with parsley and red pepper flakes. Serve over rice or salad.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.