Who said Joe isn’t sloppy? You’re about to meet this Vegetarian Sloppy Joes loaded with kidney beans and jalapenos for a slight kick on your palate!
BEHIND THIS SLOPPY JOES SANDWICH
Seriously, you might as well borrow your kid’s bib or make your own with the plastic grocery bags that you use to make this Vegetarian Sloppy Joe Burger. Everyone has at least tried a Sloppy Joe sandwich in their lifetime and if you haven’t, you are missing out!
I made this recipe Vegetarian/Vegan friendly but you can use the same ingredients but change your protein or use ground meats like 80/20 ground beef, lean ground chicken or lean ground turkey. By the way, did you know that it’s called Sloppy Janes when using ground turkey?
OTHER MEAT ALTERNATIVES
You know what can be delicious with this Sloppy Joes Sandwich? My Easy Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Wedges! Especially when that glob of Sloppy Joes drips off the sandwich, passes by your bib and lands on top of the wedges, SCORE! You just automatically turned it into Chili Fries right there!
THIS SLOPPY JOES PAIRS WELL WITH:
THE SLOPPY OVERVIEW
My favorite sauce to use is Prego Traditional Sauce in Low Sodium. Though, it is your choice to use the regular sauce and add salt to this recipe.
I used Go Veggie Cheddar Slices. They tastes better melted rather than just eating them alone. I also like using Daiya Cheddar slices too!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 1 package Beyond Meat Burger Patties (crumbled) or your favorite ground meat
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Small Onion (diced);
- 2 Tbsp Pickled Jalapenos (diced)
- 1/2 can Organic Red Kidney Beans (Low Sodium)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper;
- 1/2 Prego Traditional Sauce Jar (Low Sodium)
- 1 Tbsp Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 4 Vegan Cheese Slices
- 4 Burger Buns
- Dash of #Equality
- In a saucepan, add oil, garlic, onions, jalapenos, black pepper, and saute until all are tender. Then add the crumbled burger patties and the beans.
- Pour in the prego sauce, hot sauce, ketchup and simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Grab your slices of cheese, stuff your burger buns, and enjoy!
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
JOCK THESE OTHER BURGER RECIPES
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below TOOTz!