These Tuna Melt Stuffed Mini Peppers are stuffed with canned tuna, melted cheese, and turkey bacon to give you the perfect low carb snack!
Behind these Tuna Melt Stuffed Mini Peppers
For those who can’t take the heat of Jalapeno Poppers, these Stuffed Mini Peppers with melted cheese and tuna with bacon are here for the rescue!
I know a few people who have those wimpy tongues that can’t tolerate the heat of jalapenos even though the seeds inside are the evil culprits. So these cheesy tuna bacon mini sweet peppers make a great substitution. The mini sweet peppers are about the same size as jalapenos and can hold in the cheesy tuna and bacon mixture! If you’re looking for another stuffed vegetarian recipe, you’ll love my Healthy Stuffed Vegetarian Avocados!
Tuna Melt Stuffed Mini Peppers Breakdown
You will need about 8-10 mini sweet peppers each sliced in half. Try grabbing the thick and straight pieces as they are better to hold these cheesy tuna bacon mixture. You can leave the stem or cut it off. Set those aside.
Next, grab a bowl. Mix the tuna, mayo, bacon, jalapenos (optional), and the spices together. If you like your tuna chunky, leave some chunks and don’t flake them further. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray coconut oil over.
Begin to stuff each mini sweet peppers with about a tablespoon or however much you would like.
Sprinkle some shredded cheeses on top and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheeses have melted. You’ll notice a bit of the juices oozing out a little but thats okay. The best part are the melted cheeses that turned crispy and you’ll have mini cheesy crisps!
Let these cheesy tuna bacon mini stuffed peppers cool for a few minutes. If you can’t wait, go ahead and MOUTH BOMB!😉
Jump on these Seafood Recipes:
- Garlic Shrimp Cheesy Fries
- Creamy Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich
- One Pan Baked Lemon Tilapia
- Healthy Salmon Wrap
Aight I’m Outro…
INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Tuna Melt Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 8 pieces Mini Peppers (seeded and halved)
- 2 4 oz canned Albacore Tuna in water (drained)
- 3 pieces cooked Turkey Bacon Low Sodium (crumbled)
- 1 tbsp Chopped Pickled Jalapenos (optional)
- 2 tbsp Vegan Mayo or Low Fat Mayo
- 1 tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ – 1 cup Low Fat Shredded Cheeses
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- Dried Parsley for toppings
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- Pinch of #Hugs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- Slice each mini peppers in halves. Remove the seeds inside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add tuna, crumbled turkey bacon, mayo, jalapenos, acv, garlic, onion and cumin powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Stuff the mixture inside each mini pepper.
- Top off with shredded cheeses. Lay them all onto the baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Oven times may vary so keep an eye on them when baking.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle some parsley on top.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
What an easy recipe! We grow peppers on our farm and we love mini peppers because they are so easy to cook with. I can’t wait to make these this week!
I love how simple these are. So easy and delicious. Thanks for another great recipe.
Aww you’re welcome tootz! Glad you love ’em!
wowza, this little things were loaded with flavour. Definitiely making these again. Thank you for an easy to follow recipe
Awesome! Youre welcome. Glad you liked them!
Love that these use mini peppers. The step by step in the recipe is really helpful. I plan on making these for a small dinner party that will surely wow my guests!
Thanks Rob! Yay! Hope they devour them!
Love the step by step in the recipe card. These turned out so good. My kids finished them off in one sitting!
Aww! Im glad your mini tootz like them!