Pretty orange and purple colors represents the deliciousness of these Sweet Potato and Purple Potato Hash.
SWEET POTATO AND PURPLE POTATO HASH OVERVIEW
If you’re a potato fanatic, you’ll get a two in one deal right here! This is a great way to have colorful potatoes for a yummy side dish for breakfast! This goes out to my plant based, vegetarian, and vegan eaters. Yeah, you gluttons are included too – LOL! Guess, what?! I used organic potatoes for this hash recipe. Because I’ve been diagnosed with an eye disease, it’s beneficial for me to get more nutrients. Sweet potatoes have Vitamin A, and have an orange color with beta-carotene like carrots. They’re good for my eye health and help slow down my macular degeneration. On the otherhand, purple potatoes helps lower blood and regulate blood pressure which runs in my family genes. The purple potatoes have a nuttier tastes to them and are sweet like the sweet potatoes.
THE HASH BREAKDOWN
- Organic sweet potato & purple potatoes
- The OG’s (onion and garlic)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Seasoning/spices of your choice
HOW TO MAKE THESE COLORFUL HASH
In a large bowl, mix together the organic sweet potatoes, organic purple potatoes, red onions, garlic, oil, and seasonings. Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet covered with foil, or parchment paper, or silpat. Then bake 20-30 minutes turning the baking sheet halfway through. I have an electric stove so my baking times may be different than a gas stove. Plus, I’m in a higher elevation than most of you all. Keep an eye on your spuds!
WHAT TO PAIR THESE POTATOES WITH
You don’t necessarily have to eat these for breakfast. You can eat them by itself too. I do recommend pairing these with my Baked 2 Ingredients Chicken or my Brown Buttered Pork Chops for dinner. Having carbs with your protein is an ideal way to have a healthy meal.
JOCK MY OTHER POTATO RECIPES
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Sweet Potato and Purple Potato Hash
- 1 large Organic Purple Potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 large Organic Sweet Potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 small Organic Red Onion (roughly chopped)
- 3 small Organic Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Cayenne Powder
- Sprinkle of #Excitement
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil, parchment paper, or silpat.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients. Place the mixture on baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes turning halfway through.
- Serve along an Omelette or by itself!
Leave a Reply