Elevate your snack game with these Cranberry Cheese Crisps! This easy recipe combines the richness of your favorite cheeses with the tangy burst of cranberries and a hint of savory spices.
Great! Now that I got your attention. You’ll get a hint of “America’s Original Superfruit” also known as Cranberries! There are hints of lucsious tartness in each bite of these Cranberry Cheese Crisps. They are the perfect snack any time of the day.
This is dedicated to all the Essential Workers out there working through these tough times that our world is going through. Right now, these Essential Workers are living the “on-the-go-lifestyle” and they definitely need these healthy snacks to munch on.
BEHIND THESE CHEESY CRISPS
This was my first recipe submission to Cape Cod Select’s Recipe Challenge for their Healthy-On-The-Go Category. This indeed was a challenge as we are all lockdown here in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
I am sure that all of us Food Blogger participants can agree that we used ingredients that we had without having to do groceries.
So, I definitely had to look through my fridge and pantry for something quick and healthy to make.
Cranberries are a superfood that’s pack with lots of nutrients and antioxidants. They lower high blood pressure and help with heart health which is my main health concern.
- Your Favorite Cheese Slices – I used Muenster and Swiss Slices.
- Cape Cod Select Cranberries
- Favorite Seasonings/Spices – Onion and Garlic Powders, Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, Dried Parsley
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY CHEESE CRISPS
Of course, don’t forget to wash your hands before making these!
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place your cheese slices on the parchment paper about an inch apart from each other. I used 3 Muenster cheese slices on this picture. I get these presliced at the deli section.
Sprinkle your favorite seasonings/spices. If you know me, I always use the OG Pows (Onion and Garlic Powders), Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, and Dried Parsley. I did not use any salt as the cheese slices are salty enough. Go ahead and be creative with your favorite seasonings, herbs, and spices.
Next, grab a few pieces of Cape Cod Select’s Cranberries. Make sure your cranberries are thawed out. I sliced the cranberries in halves and spread them out. You have to use a few cranberries. If you use A LOT or overcrowd the cranberries, you’ll end up with soggy cheese slices. That’s not the business, Tootz!
Now, bake your cheeses for 12-15 minutes keeping an eye on them. You really need to be close by the oven! There are certain cheeses that burn quickly because of it’s moisture and how thick or thin it is.
You’ll want the cheese edges a bit brown in color. You’ll also see that the cranberries look raisin-like. This is how you know they are done.
Once done baking, let the cheeses cool down for about 2 minutes. They’ll be crispy by then. Go ahead and slice them into pieces. I chose to make them squares and rectangles to show you all the effects.
Using Swiss Cheese slices, I placed the cranberries in the bigger holes! They melted well and are crispier! The Swiss Cheese edges were not as burnt as the Muenster cheese slices.
WHAT TO PAIR THESE CHEESE CRISPS WITH
- You can eat these alone or dip them in Jalapeno Avocado Aioli.
- Place these Cranberry Cheese Crisps inside Tuna Melt Sandwiches, Shrimp Po Boy Sandwiches or make them as Cheese Burgers. I’m telling you Cranberry Cheese Burgers are the BOMB!
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below if yall make this TOOTz!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- ½ cup Frozen Cranberries (Defrosted)
- 3 Slices of Your Favorite Cheeses I used Muenster and Swiss Slices.
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ tsp Dried Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place your cheese slices on the parchment paper about an inch apart from each other.
- Add defrosted cranberry pieces on top of the cheese slices. Make sure not to overcrowd the cranberries together otherwise it will be soggy.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and dried parsley to add layers of flavor.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Keep an eye on the oven making sure the cheese slices don't burn.
- When done, let it cool for about 2 minutes. Cut slices into various sizes. Enjoy and Devour!
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.