A creamy Shrimp Salad that you will enjoy for the Summer season. This shrimp salad is mixed with creamy mayonnaise and lemon for a citrusy tingle on your palate. Serve this as a lettuce wrap or enjoy over chopped lettuce for a low carb experience!
CREAMY SHRIMP SALAD OVERVIEW
Hi Tootz! How’s your Summer coming along? It has been hot here in California with the weather reaching up to the late 90 degrees! It’s pretty cooler inside the house and I’ve been keeping hydrated with lots of water!
So my Momzy texted me that she had some frozen shrimps in the freezer. She wanted me to make something off those shrimps that’s light and healthier for her. She wanted it to be flavorful with alot of veggies. Meaning add some garlic and onions. Her elderly palate is a bit weird! Yall have Moms like this too?? Yes, she did enjoy this creamy and flavorful salad. My son loved it and mouthbomb on it. I ended up making this twice!
No rice was involved in the making! Just pure creamy bliss on greenery!
Of course, I’ll follow it up with an Instagram Reel so you can watch how I made the salad.
So here is my Summery salad contribution – Creamy Shrimp Salad!
THE SHRIMP SALAD BREAKDOWN
- Frozen Medium Shrimp – Thawed, boiled, peeled and deveined
- Lemon Juice – Freshly squeezed and zested for the citrusy taste
- Dijon Mustard
- Red Onions
- Garlic Clove
- Celery Stalks
- Fresh Chopped Dill
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder (or Garlic Salt)
- Smoked Paprika
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP SALAD
Boil a pot of your shrimps until shrimps are pink and cooked thoroughly. It should take about 6-7 minutes. Let the shrimps cool down in a bowl.
In a seperate bowl, mix together your mayonnaise, dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, garlic salt, black pepper, and smoked paprika.
Once your bowl of shrimps have cooled down, mix in the celery, red onions, chopped garlic, and fresh dill. Then add your mayonnaise mixture. Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
Serve on a romaine leaf or chop the romaines and serve it on top!
DIET TREND SETTERS SUBSTITUION
GO DAIRY FREE – Use my favorite vegan mayonnaise
NO MAYO? – Replace with extra virgin olive oil
WANT CARBS? – Make it a wrap with toritillas or use your favorite bread. Make a sandwich like my Creamy Shrimp Po Boy
STORING THE LEFTOVERS
You can store this in a sealed container and can last in the fridge for at least 3 days. I know the next day, this shrimp salad become for flavorful!
Since you’re still voyeuring here, jump on these and try them out:
Holla at yo girl and sweet talk to me below TOOTz!
AIGHT I’M OUTRO…
STALK ME ON MY NAUGHTY NETWORK
INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Creamy Shrimp Salad
- 1 lbs Medium Shrimps, cooked and deveined
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1-2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp red onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 bundle romaine lettuces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ small lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Dash of #Smiles
- Boil a pot of your shrimps until the shrimps are pink and cooked thoroughly. It should take about 6-7 minutes. Let the shrimps cool down in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your mayonnaise, dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, garlic salt, black pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Once your bowl of shrimps have cooled down, mix in the celery, red onions, chopped garlic, and fresh dill. Then add your mayonnaise mixture. Combine all the ingredients and mix well
- Serve on a romaine leaf or chop the romaines and serve it on top!
Ice Cream N Sticky Fingers
Yum, this looks so good. I’ll have to make it in a few days. We have some shrimp in the freezer.
I just bought some shrimp so I think I’ll make this. I like that the recipe has dill, mayo and lemon!
Although it looks amazing, I would probably leave the celery out of it because most here don’t care for it. Everything else sounds amazing though.
That was a good way to use the shrimp. It looks refreshing and delicious.