Summer is here and it’s time for some delicious outdoor meals. One dish that we love to make during this season is Bacon Ranch Macaroni Salad. Not only is it easy to prepare, but it’s also a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
We love this Bacon Ranch Macaroni Salad so much. It’s the perfect side dish for a barbecue or picnic, but it also makes a great main course on its own.
I made this macaroni salad to bring to our gathering at the park this past weekend. This paired well with my Spicy Asian BBQ Pork Ribs that was on the BBQ grill. The smoky smell was captivating.
Of course, this goes along with some liquor action when you’re chillen at the park on a Sunday afternoon. My family and friends were getting a little too liquor happy with my Tequila Punch that I made.
WHY WE LOVE BACON RANCH MACARONI SALAD
There are a few things that make this bacon ranch macaroni salad stand out from the crowd:
- Bacon: Everything is better with bacon, and this salad is no exception. The smoky, salty flavor of the bacon adds a delicious dimension to the dish.
- Ranch Seasoning: Because ranch is so popular! It’s full of herbs and spices that make it a perfect complement to the macaroni.
- Mexican Style Shredded Cheese: The mix of mexican style cheese adds another layer of flavor to the salad. We recommend using a high-quality, extra-sharp cheddar for maximum impact.
- Green Onions: The fresh green onions adds a pop of green color and a bright, herby flavor to the dish.
All of these ingredients come together to create a macaroni salad that is creamy and delicious. It’s the perfect side dish to bring to your next outdoor gathering, and I guarantee it will be a hit with everyone who tries it.
Ready to make it TOOTz?
- ELBOW MACARONI – You can use any pasta of choice if you don’t have elbow macaroni.
- COOKED BACON – The crispy and salty bacon bits add a wonderful crunch and savory flavor to the salad.
- RANCH SEASONINGS – Use the store bought kind or make your own.
- MEXICAN STYLE SHREDDED CHEESES – I used the reduced fat to keep it low. Plus, I like the flavors.
- LIGHT SOUR CREAM – Keeping it light!
- MAYONNAISE – You can use fat-free or reduced-fat to make the salad healthier.
- MILK – Just to thin out the dressing.
- TOMATO – Grab a whole tomato and dice it. You may use grape tomatoes too.
- GREEN ONIONS – Chopped the stalks. Brings out the colors.
- GARLIC POWDER – To enhance the flavor.
- BLACK PEPPER – Used the cracked black pepper to give it a peppery taste.
HOW TO MAKE BACON RANCH MACARONI SALAD
Cook the macaroni according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, ranch seasonings, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix well.
Add the cooked macaroni, crumbled bacon, shredded cheeses, diced tomatoes and chopped green onions to the mixing bowl. Toss until well coated.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Before serving, give the macaroni salad a good stir.
DIET TRENDSETTERS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- If you’re not a fan of bacon, you can easily omit it or substitute it with another protein like chicken or shrimp.
- If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, you can swap the bacon for some roasted vegetables.
Store you left overs in a sealed container up to 3 days. You can reheat the macaroni salad in the microwave for a few minutes or eat it cold.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
- 1 16 oz elbow macaroni
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup milk
- 1 oz Hidden Valley Ranch Dip packet
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 10 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1¼ cup reduced fat mexican style cheese
- 3 stalks of green onions
- dash of #Smiles
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, ranch seasonings, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the cooked macaroni, crumbled bacon, diced tomatoes and chopped green onions to the mixing bowl. Toss until well coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Before serving, give the macaroni salad a good stir.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
STILL VOYEURING HERE? CHECK THESE OUT!
Holla at yo girl and leave a sweet comment below TOOTz!